It's Out

Lay had his bag out and was packing when Kris barged in and closed the door behind him. Lay stared at his brother's frantic expression blankly.

"Kyungsoo's downstairs," Kris breathed. Lay blinked.

"You didn't tell them you were leaving tomorrow?" he asked and Lay, after a thought, shook his head.

"Must've slipped my mind."

Aghasat by his answer, Kris stared, "Y-you f-for- HOW DO YOU FORGET SUCH A THING?!"

Lay flinched at Kris's volume but didn't say anything. He was at fault, again. He should've mentioned it to them that he'd be leaving by Monday. But he couldn't. First few days they were busy with the surprise, the next few days he didn't remember, and the other days that followed didn't give him the time. Lay realised now, how much had happened in the span on one week.

"Kyungsoo's downstairs," Kris repeated after a sigh, "And he's pissed."

Lay nodded.

"I'm sending him up."

Kris closed the door behind him and Lay could hear him go down. He waited until heard slow steps ascending the stairs. When the door opened, Lay braced himself for a punch but nothing came. Instead, the boy gently closed the door behind him, glanced at Lay's suitcase, and sat down next to it. Lay chewed at his bottom lip while Kyungsoo did nothing but burn holes into his face. They didn't talk, just let silence engulf them as Kyungsoo stared at Lay staring at his shows.

"Sup?"

Lay raised his head at Kyungsoo's voice. Unlike his frank question, Kyungsoo's expression was stoic.

"Uh- packing," Lay reluctantly replied.

Kyungsoo nodded, "Leaving tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah..."

Kyungsoo nodded again, "I'll text and let the others know then, since you obviously aren't going to."

"Kyungsoo, that's not it," Lay tried explaining, "I meant to tell but i-"

"Let me guess," Kyungsoo cut, "You forgot?"

Lay nodded, the temperature of his face slowly rising.

"You're forgetting awful lot of things, aren't you?" Kyungsoo bit, "Like telling your friends what the hell went down between you and Hana!"

Lay's head whipped toward Kyungsoo at the mention of her name and all the information he had read off the file yesterday came rushing back. Kyungsoo's anger and the facts he now knew made him feel even worse than he did before. But then it hit him that Kyungsoo and the others might not know of her condition either. He needed to tell them so they, unlike him, could help her.

"Hana...Kyungsoo, Hana has-"

"Depression, I know. Baekhyun and I have known since a long time and I know Kris hyung gave you her file last night."

Lay's eyes widened, "You knew? T-then how didn't I know-"

"She didn't tell you because she was afraid of your reaction," Kyungsoo cut in agitated, "She constantly thinks of herself as a burden and she thought that if you knew too, you'd think she's too much for you to handle and back out. Or that you'd take care of her only because you felt bad and not because you wanted to."

Kyungsoo's voice had an aggressive undertone that it rarely had. Lay had backed up and hit the closet. He slid down on his back and sat on the floor, his legs sprawled ahead of him as his mouth hung open.

"Also," Kyungsoo said from his position on the bed, "She didn't want you to worry."

Lay looked up at that. Kyungsoo's expressions had momentarily softened but then his gaze flickered to the purple suitcase on his left and the same coldness returned.