Chapter 9

"CALUM!" Michael yelled before landing on the ice with a thud. "Holy fu- ouch." Calum laughed losing his balance then regaining it.

"That moment was priceless Mikey!" Michael smirked and knocked Calum's leg making him land next to him.

"Michael Gordan Clifford!" Calum groaned in pain. "Shi- Michael."
I nudged Meghan as best as I could which was hard since I was basically clinging onto her arm.

"Pst, help your boyfriend up." I said quietly.

"Fine I will," she began to skate to him but turned around to face me. "He is not my boyfriend." She turned to skate towards Calum. I laughed at her retreating figure.

"Not yet!" I yelled to her making her shake her head. I forgot I was on ice and took a step making me lose my balance.

"Careful," Ashton said helping me back up. "We're on the ice,not the pavement."

"It's quite clear Mr Irwin." I said while rolling my eyes. I held on to his arm and let go sheepishly. "Sorry."

"It's fine Jess." He said smiling. He untangled your arms from him and grabbed my hands pulling you towards Calum and Michael who were struggling to stand back up.

"Ash! I'm gonna end up falling!" I shouted scared of falling again. I tried grabbing onto the rail but my attempt failed.

"Then we fall together. You fall I fall, remember?" Ashton said quoting Titanic. (The actual one is 'You jump I jump')

"Ash, quit quoting Titanic and let go of me!" I said still trying to get back to the rail, but we were already in the middle of the ice rink. "Omg. My butt is going to get bruised 'cause of you."

Ashton laughed lightly and grabbed my hand in his.

"Then we'll get brusied butts together."

*************
"DID YOU SEE ME SKATE?!" Michael exclaimed loudly making Ashton flinch next to him.

"Michael shut up. You weren't even that fuckin good." Calum groaned closing his eyes in frustration.

"Just cause I was better." Michael said sticking his tongue out at Calum.

"Mate, we both did shit." Calum said laughing taking a drink from his water bottle. "Let's face it, the only person who managed to stay on their feet was Meghan."

"HELL YAS BITCHES!" Meghan shouted awakening from her 'sleep' and flicked her blonde hair backwards.

"I am not your female dog." I scoffed in a playful way.

"Nah, but you want to be." Meghan said winking at me before shoving me into the car door. I glared at her

"That's Calum's j-" i started, but Ashton jut me off.

"Ross! First stop!" He yelled unlocking the car door. He parked infront of my house.

"Damn, Ash. Why are you so loud?" She asked annoyed putting her head on Calum's shoulder going to sleep." Calum blushed and put his head on top of hers slowly. I smiled at them. I mouthed a quick goodbye and got out of the car. I waved them off as Ashton drove away. I walked up to my front door reaching into my pocket to grab my keys.

"Shit." I muttered patting my pockets for my keys but I couldn't feel any. "No no no." I knocked on my door hoping my mum had canceled her night shift. I tried a few more times before giving up. No one was going to answer.

5 minutes after I sat down on the step infront of my house,it began to lightly rain. "You're fucking kidding me." Hoping the rain would eventually stop, I stayed in my position. The rain began to pour.

"NO FUCKING WAY." I shouted irritated with the weather. "WHY! WHY NOW!" By now I was completely drenched. I looked around and my eyes landed on Luke's house. Hemmings it is.