Chapter 13

I was currently at Meghan's house helping her get ready. I decided that I wouldn't go to the party. Not tonight. Meghan did her makeup while I straightened her hair. Meghan pulled a sad face in the mirror

"What?" I asked confused.

"GO WITH US TO THE PARTY YOU BOOB!" She shouted turning around to look at me. I put the straightener down and turned it off. I placed my hands on my hips.

"Meghan. No." I said strictly. "I don't feel like it."

"What? Just cause you and Luke almost kissed? C'mon Jeka, grow up!" Meghan said annoyed. "Please! Come with us!"

"No! I don't want too." I said. I grabbed a book from her shelf and layed down on her bed. She stood up and walked towards me and snatched the book from my hands.

"Hey!" I yelled trying to get the book back. "I was reading that!"

"Perks of being a wallflower? Oh Jeka, you've read this. TWICE!" She yelled putting the book back where I got it. I shook my head. "You need to come."

"Why?" I said standing up. She smiled and placed her hand on her hip.

"Because, I went with you to the sleepover even though I didn't want too." She smirked knowing I would give in.

I groaned knowing I owed her one. "Fine. I'll go. What am I even going to wear?" She squealed and her smirk was replaced with a wide smile.

"I'll handle that sweety. Just do your makeup and i'll be out with some clothes in a bit." Meghan said still smiling. She walked into her walk in closet and began rumaging through her endless amount of clothes. I began to do my makeup. When I finished, Meghan came back into her room holding a maroon skater dress that stopped mid thigh in one hand and black combat boots in another. "This! Put this on!" I looked at the outfit. "Oh c'mon Jeka! I know it's not your style, but try it!" I hesitated and took the clothes from her. I went inside her bathroom and began to get dressed.

I stepped out wearing the dress and boots. Her eyes went wide and she pretended to wipe tears.

"I'm so proud of myself. You look fab-u-lous!" She said snapping her fingers in a Z shape.

"It's kind of short don't you think?" I looked in the mirror and I kept tugging the dress down which didn't do anything. "Should I just wear some jeans and a swea-"

"No No NO! No sweater no jeans no converse no flats. NO. You are wearing a dress sweatheart. You need to make a dramatic entrance." She said. I groaned in response. She threw me a black flannel. "Here. Put it around your waist. It'll look cute!" I did as I was told and wrapped it around my waist. She hummed approvingly and put on her heels and fixed her purple dress. She grabbed her bag and linked her free arm with mine.

"To the party we go!"