Chapter 9. Sudden Stop

Layla's POV.

Just made it to London -- Searching for a Toy's Shop.

Layla was sitting in the middle left seat. She was staring outside the window towards London's Horizon as the new maids in the carriage were chatting away. Layla was rejoice that Lady Rosaliana returns to London once more. She knows that nothing can make this day any better. Layla closes her eyes as she holds herself high up. She couldn't let her tears flow now, she was on a mission for Rosaliana, she will complete outstandingly as always. 

The carriage ride from Lady Rosaliana's Mansion to London is one of the longest. It took probably a two to three hour ride. Layla didn't mind at all, she hasn't leave the mansion since Rosaliana left, she got to enjoy all the different scenes. Layla was wearing a long simple work white dress with a worn out apron. Her dark brown locks where hold onto a short cloth. Layla's hair is soft & straight despite the light brown color of her skin. Layla skin is between Light & dark brown skin, she is very proud of her color of skin, she doesn't mind the stares she got from people. When they saw her in the fancy dress she was wearing.

Layla dress was simple, but it looks better than anything the new maids are wearing. The new maids wearing a darker blue worn out work dress & a white worn out apron. Layla was wearing a gold necklace Rosaliana gift to her on her 15th birthday. Layla holds onto it as she looks around when she was coming out of the carriage. There weren't as many people in London streets as Layla would of thought. Layla was holding the small pouch inside her dress side pockets. Layla finds it odd, but it was Rosaliana's gift to Claara, Layla & Rose.

The 2 Templar Guards comes around the carriage helping the 3 other new maids down from the carriage. Layla was in front of an old Toy's Shop. She could see the falling pieces, the worn out state it was in, this toy shop is the one Lady Rosaliana bought always from. Layla knew the people whom live and work there. The moment Lady Rosaliana left London 5 years ago, many stores she bought from, lost their business as nobody else spends a penny in it. As kids no longer where kid's as the places Rosaliana own where given to another. Only the state's of her outside of London & some that she own before becoming a Templar weren't given off to the highest bitter.  

Layla was furious. Layla knows Lady Rosaliana will do anything to keep London safe once more with or without Henry Green's help. Layla memories run to Mr. Green as she sighs. She crosses the empty streets towards the Toy's Shop. Layla's white shoes sound smoothly along the concrete floor. She notices a young girl couldn't be older than 11 years old, her worn out yellow dress & wearing a long worn out apron, Layla was taken back by her. The little 11 years old wasn't wearing any shoes, her hair was a whole mess, Layla knew with a little attention she would be a very beautiful 11 years old girl. 

Layla saw as the girl was sweeping off the sidewalk of the Toy's Shop. She was sleeping with an old broken broom. The thing that caught Layla's off guard was the song. The girl was singing happily "Of All The Money, That e'er I had, I spent it in good company" Layla memories went back to remember where she heard this beautiful song. Layla's tears ran down her face as she no longer sees the little 11 years old, she sees her old friend Anne, she sees her singing the song. She sees Anne staring at her winking towards her.