Chapter 11. Blighters' Distraction

The Streets of London.

Jacob & Evie cross the street as they run towards Mr. Green's carriage. They had the determination to take the Blighters' of Mr. Green's trail as soon as possible. They have found a new ally. They would never let this opportunity slip through their hands. Jacob reaches the carriage first as he quickly positions himself on the coachmen sit. Evie follows after him doing the same. She tries to get the reins from his hands; however, Jacob moves them out of the way. Evie gives him one stern glare "I drive better than you, sister" Evie rolls her eyes as she prepares her gun "Well then, I shall shoot them down. I'll have so much fun doing so" Jacob smile changes instantly as he gives Evie the reins. Evie's grins grow covering her expression as Jacob rolls his eyes. Evie holds onto the reins as she moves the horses slowly forward "We need to draw them away for Green" Jacob mutters to Evie as she nods to him. Jacob shoots fire to draw the attention of the Blighters around. It was an instant response on the part of the Blighters. They drove approach Mr. Green's carriage as Evie starts gaining speed forward "Here, comes trouble!" He blurts out excitement obviously shown in his expression.

Evie crosses an intersection as they are pushed to one side. A Blighters' carriage was trying to push derail them off the streets. Evie manages to bring the carriage back on track "Their carriages are easily damaged!" She screams to Jacob as he nods to her rapidly. A new Blighters' carriage appears from the right side of Mr. Green's carriage "Kaylock will rue the day..." Evie Frye tries to mutter loudly, but she was quickly unable to do so by the approaching Blighters. The Frye twins push the Blighters' carriages around anything they could. They were careful not to take civilians in their path. The Blighters were coming strong with everything they have got. It was a pushing battle back and forth "That's the fella" one of them scream as they push Mr. Green's carriage once more. Jacob and Evie manage to derail one of the carriage causing a big explosion to form. Evie manage to avoid the broken down carriage "Get'm" another Blighters scream as they close in Jacob & Evie. Evie pushes the last remaining Blighters' carriage to a building. It derails itself killing the drives instantly "They've gone" Jacob obviously announce with a grin forming on his features.

"Now to return to Mr. Green" Evie mutters calmly as she drives Mr. Green's carriage at a steady pace. Jacob has a knowing grin in his expression "Aye, Aye Captain" He mutters cheerfully as Evie rolls her eyes. She was annoyed at him "You are restlessness" Evie mutters to her brother as she drives Mr. Green's carriage "That relentlessness will see me become Master when we finish this" Jacob mutters to Evie when she crosses another intersection. Evie gives her brother one side glance "George would do nothing of the sort" Jacob rises an eyebrow towards Evie as she drives steadily "Whatever's left of the Creed would perish under your control" Evie mutters between laughs as Jacob doesn't find this very amusing. Jacob rolls his eyes "Harsh words, dear sister" The drive was certainly quiet as Evie moves Mr. Green's carriage to cross a street "What's the idea with you and Mr. Green" Jacob ask Evie as she gives him a look "What do you mean?" She wonders confuse as Jacob rolls his eyes. They were quiet once more as Jacob form his words "Admit it, dear sister. You are interested in Mr. Green" Jacob blurts out to Evie as she almost runs over a civilian.

"None sense. What has gone into you, today?" Evie recovers the steady pace of Mr. Green's carriage. Jacob sighs heavily as he shakes his head "I got all the information I need" He mutters under his breath as Evie gives him a look. Evie stops the carriage for a quick second "I do hope Mister Green made it back safely" She mutters under her breath easily hear by Jacob Frye. Evie turns Mr. Green's carriage left as she resumes driving. Jacob lets out a laugh as he mocks Evie "Don't tell me you fancy the bloke already" He mutters matter of fact as Evie gives him a glare "And what do you suggest we do? If our number one source of information turns up dead?" Jacob was unable to answer Evie at once as she shakes her head. She was avoiding any other carriage or civilians walking by. At this time of day, the streets of London were full of life & sorrow. Jacob sighs heavily as he stares at his sister. Evie turns left once more as Jacob has a growing grin on his features "Starrick can't be THAT hard to find" Evie gives him an annoyed glare as Jacob ignores her. He keeps muttering about everything that must be done to take the Grant Master Templar off of power. 

"I say we turn the carriage around and go find him!" Evie rolls her eyes once more "Here he goes again. When will he learn that to take the Grant Master Templar -- we need to formulate a plan first" Evie thinks to herself as Jacob wants to take the reins from her. She moves the reins away from his reach as she drives steadily towards Mr. Green curio's shop. Evie turns Mr. Green's carriage right as they are approaching Mr. Green curio's shop. Evie shakes her head as she facepalms herself mentally "This is why you aren't in charge, Jacob" Jacob's smile was replaced by a stern look. He looks at her sister sighing heavily "You should listen to reason, dear sister" Evie gives him a look as she stops the carriage. Jacob looks around then at Evie "Are we there already?" Evie shakes her head a bit irritated. She tired of him saying none sense "Listen to reason? If we ever listen to your reason. We had been dead by now" Evie mutters for only Jacob to listen. The civilians walking the streets pay no mind to the twins. Jacob rolls his eyes once more "You can't keep acting so recklessly. We have to work with Mr. Green to fight the Templars. We have to give the people London once more" Evie speaks with passion in her eyes. She wants to explain Jacob what will happen if he is not careful of his actions.

"I understand very well. There is no time to run about looking for useless artifacts" Jacob blurts out harshly as Evie stares at him. She gives him a few of her own glares "Useless artifacts? Are you crazy? haven't you seen what the Pieces of Eden are capable of" Evie mutters to Jacob as he rolls his eyes. Jacob was getting tired of Evie's dream "That's the reason why we can't use them. If the Templars are unable to control them -- what makes you think we can?" Evie stares at Jacob thinking his words carefully. She hates to admit it, but Jacob is right. She was hoping there would be a clue somewhere in how to control the Piece of Eden. She was about to give in to Jacob when something pops up in her mind. A while back, Mr. Green informs them that the mysterious girl he keeps talking about. She helps him with his study in the Piece of Eden "We do. We can, actually" Jacob was unable to say anything as he stares at his sister "What do you mean?" He questions her curiosity on his expression "Did you forgot? Mr. Green informs us a few hours ago about his old friend which help him with his study" Jacob nods his head as he remembers Mr. Green exact words. 

"It seems you have won this round, Evie" Evie has a growing grin in her features as she takes the reins once more. Jacob avoids Evie's stares as he thinks of a comeback. Evie was very happy she made Jacob silence. The short drive to Mr. Green Curio's shop awoken a curiosity in Jacob's mind "I shall ask Mr. Green the first chance I get. Who is this mysterious girl? He so speaks up" Jacob thinks to himself slowly as Evie avoids a pedestrian. They were closing in the Curio's shop were Evie park Mr. Carriage on the right sidewalk. They wait patiently for people to give them space for them to get off. Jacob scratch the back of his head while Evie gives him a look. They quickly get off the coachmen sit as Jacob walks around the carriage to stand next to Evie. They walk the streets looking around making sure they were not followed. Jacob was sure they took all the Blighters before heading to the Curio's shop. Evie enters the Curio's shop before Jacob. He sighs heavily then goes into the Curio's shop.