Chapter 29: The First Gang Leader.

Kaylock's POV.

Tuesday - October 27th, 1868.

Glass scattered about the wood floors. They scurried to the broken window. I stare knowing pretty well their answer, "She is gone!", they shout to the skies as I sigh heavily.

"Is she?", I ask to no one in particular. An emotion runs through me as I stare at Rose's handcraft metallic hairpin. They are thin hardly seen until you are found in a pickle. Rose's poison is deadly; however, the question still stands. Which poison did she use?

"Yes, sir. What shall we do?", Their voices were whispers as my mind drifts off to our past. Back then things seem easier. No problem or interruptions. I could learn things, and I could be with the woman that's out of time.

Why couldn't I say the words? Why couldn't I say the simple words?  Anything. If I had maybe, I could gain some more time. Maybe, I should have long ago. Maybe like that, I could at least have that one friend. Once I had one...

Flashback -- When Kaylock was a bit younger than now.

I never say what I really feel, do I? I have always relied on Rose to take care of everything. I had always done that no matter where I was. Rose was the big sister I never had. I was an Orphan a nobody, but she saw great things. I thought she was mad. She had to be mad because everyone else called me a Bastard. 

"How would you handle a gun, Rose?".

I quickly turn back to glance at Rose. She was leaning back on the Tavern's walls. It was a summer afternoon not much was going on; however, my friends and I had managed to find a gun. There was a brawl two streets away, and we saw an opportunity to take the gun. We sure took it without knowing in which danger we were in.

Rose locks eyes with me. She looks bored and not particularly in the conversation, "Well, what I remember from the books I read says to grip it with your palm. Have your 3 fingers below your Index finger holding onto the gun in place. Have your Index finger on the trigger, I believe. The most important thing is your thumb goes on the hammer which is the top corner little button. When you are ready to take a shot, you aim, press it back then take the shot".

We look at Rose in amazed as she slowly explains to us how to handle a gun. I can't believe she was able to tell that just by memory. I can hardly remember what I did last week in Whitechapel. Rose walks towards my friends and I without saying much of a word. She takes the gun from my hands as quick as a mother would to a disobedient child. My friends started protesting saying things like.