S E V E N T E E N

"Meghan something came up, and I'm needed elsewhere. Do you mind covering for me?" Beth called to her not taking her eyes off the strange man in the small café.

"Not at all, but you're covering for me tomorrow!" She yelled in response. Beth was just glad she didn't question her.

"Lead the way." Beth said crossing her arms over her chest.

The strange man grabbed her arm pulling her outside only to shove her in a nice sports car. 'Probably a stolen one' Beth thought to herself.

Both of them stayed silent as he drove Beth around. She felt like he was just showing off the car, but they stopped driving two minutes away from what some would consider the 'nice side of town'.

When Beth was pulled out of the car she only noticed a small run down warehouse. "What is it with villians and warehouses?" Beth asked more to herself than the man who was leading her inside.

"I'm assuming Flash will come looking for you. Then I can get rid of him. This is my city." He said leading her inside.

Bethany couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out of her. "Cute. You think you can catch the fastest man alive?" Bethany's smirk fell from her face when he pulled out some weird weapon loading it up.

"This is my cold gun. Made to reach absolute zero...and stop The Flash. They call me Captain Cold." He said pointing the weapon directly at Beth. "Now call him."

"No." She said trying to appear braver than she felt.

"Your loyalty is...annoying."

Bethany's eyes widened when a blue ray came at her. She tried dodging, but she was too slow and the cold ray hit her in the leg just below the knee. She cried out in pain holding her leg. It burned like hell. Funny that cold burns. Beth was afraid she'd have a heart attack the pain was so great. Or worse pass out.

"Now call your boyfriend, and you won't lose the other leg."

Beth pulled out her panic button tossing it towards him. "You call him." She heaved.

She was breathing heavy, and was so focused on her damaged leg that she hadn't felt the wind from Flash coming. "That son of a bitch actually shot me." Bethany hissed.

"Nice of you to finally show up." Captain Cold said pointing his weapon at The Flash. "Your girlfriend is pretty loyal. Even took a hit for you." Then he started firing away leaving Bethany to watch in horror. Captain Cold started getting frustrated with the fact he couldn't hit Flash so he switched tactics firing at Beth.

Flash stepped in front of her taking the hit with a groan. Cold was relentless covering Flash in ice from head to toe. Bethany stood up too shocked to feel the pain in her leg. She walked around Flash surprised he had actually been hit. It should have been impossible. She brought a hand up to touch him, but was afraid the ice would shatter under her finger tips. "No." She whispered.

Now he was gone, and she couldn't help but feel it was her fault. She refused to believe it was actually over for him. He was a miracle in her mind.

He took one for her, and it pissed her off. She slipped one of her daggers out of place tossing it right at Cold. Unfortunately he stepped to the side, but it still managed to slice his cheek.

"You're good, but I'm better." Once again he aimed his gun at her. "I've been hearing rumors about an impossible girl. Fitting of you to be with the impossible boy. Lets see what you can do."

Bethany teleported out of the building before Cold could pull the trigger. Captain Cold came running out his coat making him look too dramatic. "I don't like this game of cat and mouse girl." He spotted her and shot a blast at her, but she dodged. He fired another blast, and she just barely rolled out of the way in time. Her adrenaline faltered, and she froze for a second when the pain in her leg returned.