Chapter Two: Dormiveglia

Dormiveglia (n.) (Italian) The space that stretches between sleeping and waking.

(Charlie's POV)

The feeling of exhaustion came upon me as I regained consciousness, my eyes were still resting, darkness seemed to enlightened me and colors of stars were illuminating through the absence of light, what were they called again?

I appreciated the silence and the faint sound and movement of my heartbeat and breathing. Inhale, exhale. I could feel my every senses constantly come back, I could feel the oxygen fill up my lungs and I could feel how it exits it, I could feel my dried lips slightly parted to fully breathe in air, the sound of silence and the touch of the wind. I appreciated how tired I was and how I felt like a lying human vegetable, I wanted to move but fear that it would hurt although now I felt so numb that I only thing I felt was how my heart gently got in touch of my rib cage continuously, how my lungs contract in my chest and how it was harmonizing with the pressure running through my veins. I was hearing my own thoughts. Think, thinking, thought.

What happened?

I opened my eyes faintly and I felt my vision adjusted, eyes contracting to the light that entered upon it and I saw someone beside me, head and arms resting on my bed. I was in a white room, a hospital maybe? The room was filled with sunflowers and daises. Several IVs were connected to the back of my hand, one was crimson red and some were clear.

I dont understand.

I felt the liquid from the IV bulge in to my skin and circulate to the veins of my whole hand. I felt tired but not in need of sleep, I felt like a lifeless doll, it felt like my soul is still adjusting to this body I'm caged in. It hurt to think. My head felt like it had pins and needles stuck to it and I had no say in when it would hurt but had a faint pattern like the waves in the ocean, some would be small but it aggravates when it hits the shore and some would build up and crash and would bring up debree, and no matter how many times the shore shoves it backwards, the wind will always push it through.. It felt like I would pass out again but my body is preventing me to do so, its like I had no choice but to withstand it. It hurt to move my eyes and it hurt to feel. It battered me to feel this frustration that was mixed with agonizing curiosity, these questions feeding me up, where am I? Who is this person beside me? What happened?

My first attempt to move, my body was heavy, like gravity was affecting me more because of my vulnerability, any strong effort or force I put would result into slight movement. I exhaled at the frustration and folds between my eyebrows formed. I failed in trying not to wake the boy up

"Are you ok Charlie?" The green eyed man asked quietly looking at me, he looked worn out and at the same time, startled by my awakening.

"Huh... uhmm, yes.." I replied with full uncertainty. I tried not to be scared of the scarcity of information I have. I remained calm and try not fill my head up with curiosity. It wasn't hard though.. Somehow his presence was calming to my nerves, it felt casual for him being here.

My name is Charlie.

I again attempted to raise my body up to adjust to the straight log position I have been in what it felt like ages.

"fuck" I reacted as a huge wave of pain invaded my senses, my head fell back to the bed and the collision sent another jolt of pain. I then again frowned as My head was like a swollen balloon and I, waiting for it to pop, and also looking for a needle to end it as well.

God, end this agony.

"take it easy" he said. His voice was filled with sincerity that I easily trusted, surprisingly. I didn't had any second thoughts right now that Im weak and he's the only one who's there. If he had any bad intentions, I dont mind cause I think that this pain is harder than any other that he could give to me.