Chapter Fourty Seven: Amaranthine

Amaranthine (adj) Undying, immortal; eternally beautiful. A deep purple-red.

(Charlie's POV)

This is it. Graduation day. The day it all ends.

I know everyone wants this, I'm sure they do but why don't I? I feel like I wouldn't want to graduate yet I'm excited, I'm so excited for it to happen.

But, why don't I want to go out of my comfort zone and go my own way? Why wouldn't I want to leave the main reason of my childhood frustration? I never wanted school, to wake up every morning and be tortured. And yet I feel like I'll miss it.

Maybe because at school everything is handed to me, the friends, tasks everything.

Because I wouldn't want to lose my friends and thats the thing. I'd go to the other side of the globe in just a snap but it would be hard because of my friends, even though I doubt if they even deserve what I'll could do to them. Sure there will be 'keep in touch' moments but will those things ever work? With them being busy with their life, would they still have time to be with us?

Selfish to ask that, yes but I'm just scared. I'm scared to lose the thing I'm good at- Making friends. Scared to lose the foundation I've built with them.. I feel like all of the memories and trust that we've made together would just.. incinerate along with the time that we won't be together.

I sighed, staring at a small window, letting my eyes absorb all the morning light and ponder about things.

It almost seems okay, actually. If I disregard the fact that its my graduation only just a few hours, it all seems like a normal day.. where I wake up, sit down at the stool in the kitchen and start off my day.

I hate to leave behind the things I can't remember.. almost as if I cheated and fast forward. I don't feel that I'm graduating cause I don't remember working hard for it.. I hate to lose the very thing that tested if I was capable of doing things our there and losing it would just mean I wouldn't have grades to make everyone see that I am good, I'd have to prove that in another way.. my job.

Harry is right, I wish I'd never grow up.

"Nervous? You're not touching your food, love" Harry asked as he hand me a cup of coffee.

"I'm sorry.. I'm still just.. sleepy" I said as an excuse, the evidence is my post hangover face.

"Well, you better get ready, we have two hours left" He looked at the time. "I better start getting ready myself" He left to go to his room.

I finished my plate and went straight in the shower, being all special, I felt like shampooing and conditioning my hair two times and scrubbing myself more since its graduation.

I decided to wear a seafoam green dress, not too casual, not too formal along with my kitten heels shoes. I haven't decided how I wanted to style my hair so I just dried it and left my curly locks dangle. I sat on my drawer, staring at the mirror and thought of a hairstyle. I always loved my hair down and messy or up in a bun.

"Hey" Harry entered, fully dressed with his black polo in his blazer, some black jeans with new boots. "You look beautiful" He smiled at me and closed the door, sat on my bed.

"What happened to your old boots?" I asked, knowing that they were pretty worn out and is probably too broken to wear.

"They broke so I got new ones.. I like the old one better though. You ready?"

"Not yet, I don't know what to do with my hair" I said, looking back at myself on the mirror.

"I'll do your hair" He smiled and stood up. I smiled to agree.