Chapter Twenty One: Natsukashii

Natsukashii (adj.) (懐かしい) (Japanese) Some small things that brings you suddenly joyously back to fond memories but not with a wistful longing for whats past but the appreciation of good times

(Charlie's POV)

Friday came by, this means training with Leah. Harry drove me to the ice rink. I saw my car still parked at the parking, I can't really go home with it today cause Harry is going to pick us all up.

"Call me if you need anything ok?" He rolled the window down and shouted at me, I was near the entrance.

"ok" I replied.

"And tell Leah im on your speed dial incase anything happens"

"ok"

"and-"

"Harry im ok, you sound like a parent talking to your 5 year old daughter on her first day of school" I laughed.

"I'm sorry I'm just worried" he smiled

"I know, Harry, it will be fine." I opened the door but still faced his car. "see you later yeah?"

"ok"

as I walk to the entrance I heard him shout.

"Stay safe!"

"I will!"

If I have a penny for everytime he'll say that Id be a billionare by now. Jane greeted me from the entrance and she walked me to the rink again.

"Are you always here?" I asked.

"No, only in mondays and fridays. If I had a choice, I'd stay in my flat all day and bore myself to death. Its just that its the only time that Cher is free cause she's really busy in her hospital"

"Oh, at least you two still managed to be together"

"Yeah, we're pretty close even if she has other friends, other older, professional friends"

Kinda like me and Lexi.

"See you later alright? Oh, also, Cherlaine is able to come with us, I'm so excited. Never really been to your house" We stopped at the rink entrance.

"Really? Thats good! See you later too" She left, I went inside the rink and to the locker room, this time, I wasnt late so there are many people in the locker room.

I didn't mind them, I just minded my own business, I didn't want to mind the rumors, the chatters, some people atempted to have a conversation with me which was kinda rude of me but I attempted to make the conversation lasts. some little kids want to befriend me and its actually cute cause I liked them, I liked kids.

I saw Lyaa, she sat beside me on the bench in the locker room.

"so.. uhmm, Lexi is invited?" Lyaa looked at me with a straight face.

"yeah.." I said

After they could say anything, Leah just came and give instructions, it looks like for today, Lyaa is going to train along with me with Leah. I can feel the hate in the room, I knew they wanted to complain but they're just scared of Leah. Everyone else went to the ballet room and me, Leah and Lyaa head to the smaller ballet room.

We did the basics, preparing, stretching.. when Leah said we are going to the rink, I was so pumped, I waited almost a week to go out on ice. We all put on our skating shoes, I waddled to get to the ice. I stepped on the cold frozen water beneath me and slided to the center. I smiled like an idiot.

"Ok, so Charlie try going fast around like you used to" Leah's voice is echoing through the big ice rink

"Fast?" I asked. "What if I can't stop myself?"