Chapter Fourty Nine: Recumbentibus

Recumbentibus (n.) The knockout or ending blow, physical or verbal; The final, winning argument.

(Lexi's POV)

"Hello Doctor Dawson" Charlie teased as we met up on Perrie's house along with her other friends to fit the gowns for the wedding.

"I'm not looking, I'm not looking, I'm not looking" Harry repeated as he covered his eyes to go to the backdoor along with the boys.

"Eugh, don't call me that, they call my mom that" I said as the tailor pulled the string of the gown at the back, making me breathe for air.

"Perrie, you know, zippers are a thing" I said through the covered area where she was fitting her wedding dress.

"I didn't know what sizes you were so at least I could've adjusted it if my guesses were wrong"

I never even guessed I was a bridesmaid too or if I was even invited to this silly wedding but I guess I should be honored to even be a bridesmaid, even though I never wanted to be one.

Charlie stood in those circular platforms we were standing and started fitting her own dress. The dresses were white short strapless ones and the typical laced with white florals. Aren't they going to have a traditional muslim wedding? Zayn is muslim and all.. right? I don't even bother asking.

Apparently, tonight is the bridal shower too.. I had to miss an appointment because of it. I don't even know why I'm up for this.

"Hey, Charlie" I said going down the platform.

"Yeah?" Her voice tightened as the tailor squeezed her in that tight laced corset.

"I already talked to Luke and are you free tomorrow?" I asked.

I talked to Luke before.. about the lie. I actually talked to everyone who knows Charlie and gives a damn about her and Louis' relationship. I had to manage how unfair it was and manage their nags about how unfair of a friend I was even though Harry and Louis are to blame for it.

"Yeah.. where will we meet him?" She asked, assuming I'd come along.

"Only you, got some work to do. He'd pick you up at noon and spend the rest of the afternoon with you"

It took him some convincing to lie for Louis and Harry and as usual I took the blame. I told him that theres no other way and if I tell Charlie she'll crack up her mind.

Even if she feels something for Louis now.

Who should I talk to about it? Harry? Or Louis? Since Louis knows and they do stuff with each other.. I don't know what to tell to be honest. Should I even talk to anyone about it. They have the right to know.

"So how was it with Niall" Lyaa asked Jane, she lightens up by the name of him.

"I'm gonna go outside. Is it okay if they see this?" I'm not going to listen to her stupid love life, Niall is still clearly head over heels with Cherlaine. Its obvious to see people and who they've fallen for if you've been in their shoes.

"Yeah, ask them what they think about it too" Perrie permit me.

I walked outside to were the boys were barefooted to see them already sobering up, they looked at me once I went out.

"So? What do you think?" I asked them, sitting and opening up a bottle of beer.

"Thats like.. the first time I have seen you not wearing black in formal" Harry said.

"Its pretty, do we get matching tux too?" Niall asked.

"I like it, are you all wearing pretty dresses like that?" Liam pointed and touched the fabric of the dress.