Chapter Fourty Three: Meraki

Meraki (μεράκι) (n.) (Greek) The soul, creativity. Love put into something, the essence of yourself that is put into your work.

(Charlie's POV)

We all watched the game attentively as we cheered for Louis and the team, especially. Yet Jane didn't enjoy it as much as we did.

The tension rises when the other team scored, leaving the score to tie up, one-one. I had my eyes glued on Louis while the boys full time supported him by shouting at him and at the team.

I noticed that Louis had went to the corner and crouched a bit, only then I realized that he was puking.

"Jane, go help him" I shook her hands while my eyes were still focused on him, worried about what might happen to him.

"Can I? I don't want to run across there, not with all these people watching"

"You must have an I.D to show them though" Niall said, worrying about Louis.

"I'll do it" Cherlaine responded quickly as she showed the men who almost closed her of from going any further to the field what it seems to be a authorization I.D to help him, probably a red cross one?

I watched as she handled Louis carefully, checking if there was something wrong with him or anything. They both came back together on the bench, Louis sitting next to me and resting for a bit, drinking his water bottle.

"Its just a slight dizziness, don't worry" Cher informed us and stood in front of him. "What do you feel now?"

"Better" He looked at me and 'innocently' grabbed my thigh, it rested there for a while before he stood up and got off the field again.

I wanted to combust.

I watched him more carefully this time, checking if he's still okay and looking for any signs that he might not be. A couple of moments after admiring him, he collided with another player while running, my eyes widened by the view right in front my eyes, nearly a few meters in front of us where Louis had landed and grunted in pain.

He curled up in a ball, squeezing his ankles and frowning his face through the pain that he experienced which I felt. I shook Jane who is probably annoyed by how I did it. "Jane help him"

"Ugh, okay, fine" She stood up and showed her I.D to the guards.

"Can I follow her?.. Just to make sure" I asked Niall who was pretty worried about Louis too.

"Sure" I couldn't stand sitting here while Louis was in pain just in front of me.. I had to do something. I made Phoebe sat on the bench as I stood up and head towards where Jane went.

The guards blocked me, sadly.. I don't know what better excuse to say to them. "Let me through!" I pleaded.

I heard Louis' large scream of pain from over where I am standing. "I-I'm her girlfriend!"

Out of nowhere I shouted that and did not think twice about what I just said. I pushed them aside which they gladly let me and ran to Louis where I knelt and scratched my knee on the grass. I placed his head on my thigh and grabbed his hands which he squeezed tightly.

"He sprained his ankle a bit" Jane told me and the first aid people. "He'll be okay" She shrugged like it wasn't a big thing.

Yet here I am thinking if he might die or be severely in great enormous pain. Genius, Charlie.

The first aid people assisted him to the bench where I sat down beside him. They massaged and put a plaster on Louis' ankle to relieve the pain, he was holding my hand all through.