Chapter Thirty One: B'shert

B'shert (n.) (Yiddish) (באַשערט) lit. "Destinity"; Referring to the seeking of a person who will complement you and whom you will complement perfectly.

(Cherlaine's POV)
It was 9:40pm, I was driving home from an emergency from the hospital and suddenly my phone rang.

It was Niall. Niall and me go way back before. Our family is pretty close though.

"Hello Niall" I sighed, why could he have called? It was unexpected, we haven't talked in ages.

"Jane.." I think he's drunk again.

"Niall, I'm Cherlaine, Are you- "

"Shh.. please, just hear me out baby."
I started recording our conversation, so I wouldn't have to say it to Jane. She didn't really tell me much about her and Niall but its obvious from the way they acted at the sleepover, it was like they know each other for a very long time and the bond between them was different.

"Jane, I know I was drunk and I am now but I'm going to do the right thing this time. I know I kissed Lyaa, but I don't want her, I want you, I need you. And I felt the thing you felt too, and yeah, maybe you are crazy, but I'm out of my mind. Jane, Im really interested in you, so much and I think this could work, cause you're different. Please forgive me, I really hope that your feelings for me didn't change, if you still ever have them, give me a chance to prove myself to you Jane, please" His drunken voice was pleading.

"Niall where are you, are you drunk?" I asked.

"Yeah, pick me up.. please?" I have no choice but to pick him up, he's drunk and it would be dangerous if he'd drive. I wouldn't want to have him in a car accident again.

Sixty stitches on the head. If only I was there for him. Sixty stitches cause he was drunk and we fought. Like what Jane and him are going through right now. He cried but he didn't saw me, cause I never want anyone to see my vulnerability.

"okay, I'll be there in a sec" He told me where he was. I took a U turn and I drove to the bar that he said he was at. I saw him outside, waiting. His back leaning on the wall, staring at the sky. I got out of the car and approached him.

"Niall"

"Cher?" He smelled like alcohol, he was tipsy and clumsy.

"Yeah, you dialed me instead of Jane, you want me to call her?"

"Absolutely not. I regret the second I said those words on my phone.. but I meant it. Good thing I still have that Irish luck, you appeared, eh?" He joked and laughed.

I sighed at him, years has passed and he was still silly and annoyingly adorable "Come on ill take you home"

He got inside of my car. The car ride was quiet, and we didn't had any plans of changing that. He hummed along the faint sound of the radio and I felt myself missing the way he sung for me. I parked in front of his house, a nostalgic place to be at.

"Cher"

"what?"

"please stay" He pleaded.

"why?"

"take care of me, of course."

"Why, is there something wrong with you?" I asked.

"no" He stated flatly. I rolled my eyes. "Why, do you need to have something wrong first before you pay attention to something?"

"No" He has a point but he's drunk. I wouldn't want to be his babysitter again who cleans up all the mess he makes "Im busy tomorrow"

"I know your schedule Cherlaine, don't lie to me"