Chapter 6- The Party That Ended In Confusion

Alpha Dominic came and got me from the attic and told me along the way:
"You stay away from that alpha, he doesn't need to see a worthless piece of shit like you, so don't bother seeing if he's your mate."
I nod, smiling while holding back a few tears, he's always like this but it still hurts knowing I'll never find my new mate after being rejected by my previous mate. Alpha Dominic gives me a push down the last few stairs causing me to stumble, but not fall. I look up at him and he has a distasteful look on his face as if saying you're going to get in for real now, bitch. I whimpered at the thought and cowered away from him and all the other pack members as they all gave me distasteful glares as well. I stood in the corner, covered by a sheet of darkness so no one could see me unless they really looked. The party was in full swing and everyone was having fun, although when the alpha from the visiting pack came near the girls that weren't mated they all squealed hoping that he was theirs, but as he walked away their expressions saddened, some cried. I took glances every now and again at him as he walked through the crowd sniffing as he went, but at one point something caught his attention, making him lean to whisper in one of his trackers ears, I couldn't tell what it was but the visiting alpha's eyes turned a shade darker. His wolf is trying to surface. So his mate is here. Of course it's not me, he hasn't even seen me let alone smelt me. I kept myself in the shadows, not allowing anyone to notice me, watching as my 'pack' having fun dancing, laughing and making out with their mates if they had one. Get a room.
"Hide you stupid bitch, his tracker is going to turn on the light!" Alpha Dominic yelled through the small earpiece I had in my ear, I quickly went to the closet and hid myself behind a rack full of shoes and jackets, I slowed by breathing as I waited for alpha Dominic to tell me that it was clear and the lights were turned off so I could return to my corner of darkness and watch everyone have fun.
Once the lights were turned on I heard a chorus of boos and angry sighs. A quick hush fell over them as someone growled, either it was alpha Dominic or the visiting alpha. I heard heavy foot steps coming closer or going away, he was searching, and it would take a while.
"He's at the closet you hid in, don't make a sound you stupid bitch or you'll lose more than a few layers of skin when I get my hands on you." Dominic threatened, I held my breath as I heard the closet door open. Closing my eyes as hard as I could I slowly let out a quite breath then inhaled slowly, trying to keep undetected.
"Take the jackets out of the closet!" I heard the visiting alpha order to his men. My layer of protection became thin, jacket after jacket his men took away I saw more and more light hitting my eye lids making them tint red.
"Stop." I heard the alpha say, I wanted to jump with joy but I couldn't quite yet.
As if the joy was ripped away I felt the rest of the jackets get taken out of the closet completely exposing me.
"Open your eyes, please." I heard the alpha say. I did as I was told and looked at him, he was a tall man reaching about 6'3" built like a tank with black hair and forest green eyes, he made me feel so small and I love it. Wait, what?
He leaned into me sniffing, I began to shake, I had no idea what to do.
"You stupid bitch." Alpha Dominic whispered through the earpiece with an angry tone. Fuck. With that I heard foot steps coming and then I saw alpha Dominic with a fake smile on.
"What are you doing in there?" He questioned, fake of course. I shrugged and looked down at the floor, I didn't know what to do.
"Come on out, then." I heard the visiting alpha offer, sweetly, it made me want to melt but it also made me sink further into the closet, I looked up to see alpha Dominic's face covered with distaste so I quickly got out and wrapped my arms together in front of me while I stared at the ground, unsure of what to do.
"What's your name miss?" The visiting alpha purred, I bit my lower lip as I looked up at him and his eyes became a shade darker. I froze.
"Her name is Harmony, Harmony Maddison. She's mute, she doesn't communicate unless it's pointing." Alpha Dominic stated plainly.
"She's useless and pathetic!" I heard from behind me within the crowds, I held back tears of sadness, trying to look strong enough to take those words. The visiting alphas eyes became dark, almost pitch black, his wolf was pissed, like mega pissed. But why?
Then it hit me, like a brick. Am I his mate? Surely not. He took deep breaths to calm himself, then once he was done with that he opened his eyes and I saw his forest green eyes. He began to sniff me again, circling around me. He suddenly stopped and looked at me straight at my eyes.
"Would you like to know my name, miss Harmony?" He asked in a somewhat hushed voice, I gave a slight nod.
"Derek Sporran, alpha of the Blue Water Moon pack, and you miss Harmony, you are my mate." He cooed. My instant reaction was to run away, which I did, I made a break for it for the front door which I succeed and ran for the forest while I heard Derek yelling my name, as I had my way to the forest I found a pond and decided to wash away my scent before he could track me to my hiding spot that I need to find.
It didn't take long before I found a hollowed out base of a tree which I crawled in shivering. I was scared, I know what's going to happen next. Rejection. I don't want to face that again, no way, no how. Tears didn't give me enough time to hold them back so they flowed freely, staining my cheeks as I began to fall into a deep, peaceful sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~
Derek's P.O.V
When she began to run, I was confused but I had no time to clear my thoughts I had to catch my mate. I chased after her as she ran but I didn't know the terrain and all I had was her scent but I continued in but at one point I must have taken a wrong turn because I lost her scent or she must of washed it away for a while, so I headed back to the Silver Moon pack house, while I did that I mind-linked with my trackers.
"Tomorrow we will search every tree and every square inch of the forest to find my mate and your Luna, is that understood?" I stated. In chorus they both answered: "Yes alpha."
With that I closed the mind-link and continued to walk back.

Tomorrow will be a long day.