Chapter 22- Battle With The Mate

Harmony's P.O.V
As Chase and I rolled over each other in a repeated pattern, we growled at each other, our teeth bared as warning that neither of us were taking in.
Chases back smashed into the kitchen island with an abrupt halt to our role, I scooted away from him before whipping around and snappy my teeth, I was trying my best to protect myself and not hurt him but I don't know how long that will last. Chase stood and looked at me, his eyes balanced between light and dark.
'Please, stop! We don't have to fight!' I pleaded with him. The dark took a little more control again, Chase dashed at me, I waited until Chase was right in front of me before turning to the side and bracing myself for impact, I knocked all the air out of his lungs so I had time to think a way out of this, or I thought I knocked the air out of him, he quickly got up and snarled at me.
'Stop it Chase! Will Derek be happy with you if you do this?' I pleaded again, I took Chase off guard with that comment, the light came back with a strong boom but still hadn't taken over yet. Chase was wobbling on his feet because Derek was close to taking over but Chase had a strong front. I stood there in silence waiting for Derek to win over Chase. Their head bowed as Chase gritted his teeth. They stayed like that for a good 10 seconds or so before Chases head snapped back up, gaze locked on me with pure black eyes. I braced my self, taking a defensive position. Chase circled me as I spun myself on one foot so I was always facing him. He studied me like I was a book, looking at my movement, looking for my weaknesses. His eyes shot to mine once he was done and he pounced at me.
Mid air, he was side-swiped by another slightly smaller wolf. A grunt came from Chase when impact came from the other wolf and the floor. They snarled at each other while the smaller wolf held Chase down, which looked difficult.
I sniffed the air, the wolf over Chase was Tyler, our beta. Another scent entered my nose, I identified it to belong to Sage, I turned my large wolf head to face Sage, standing right in beside me, which made my heart jump with surprise.
"Are you alright?" Sage asked gently with seriousness lacing over it. I nodded, before hearing a large growl from the other side of me. My head snapped toward it to find Chase had knocked Tyler off him, unconscious, he was snarling at me. Alright I'm done, no more gentleness. I snarled at Chase, snapping my teeth. I know I'm a larger wolf which will give me an advantage with the weight component. Chase darted at me, I matched him. Once we met in the middle we went up on our hind legs and snapped at each other. Taking in the opportunity, I hopped back, went on all fours and charged my head into his stomach, making his legs slip from underneath him so he went down onto him back. I stepped on top of him to hold him down as I snarled in warning. He looked exhausted as he laid there calming and allowing Derek to take over once again. Once I see the full light come back to his eyes, I get off, disgust filling my eyes. He's no mate of mine if his wolf is willing to potentially kill me. No way, no how.

"Go shift." Sage ordered me, I huffed at him while sticking out my tongue before heading back upstairs to my closet. I closed the door using my mouth and pulling before looking at myself in the mirror. I never got the chance to actually look at myself in wolf form, and let me tell you my wolf is beautiful. I stood tall and strong, larger then the average alpha male. My wolf had the blissful blue left eye and demanding red right eye like my human self, I was completely black except for my ears which are snow fall white, three of my four feet are coloured a forest ground green, my fourth foot is black. My tail looked like a foxes except it was black to dark wood brown. I sighed as I closed my eyes and imagined myself as my human self, a few cracking bones didn't faze me this time, once I felt I was shifted I opened my eyes to see myself completely naked standing in front of the mirror. I grabbed a dark grey bra and panties then covered myself with a blank red mahogany T-shirt and my classic black skinny jeans and boots. My hair was a tangled mess so I flattened it the best I could before placing a black beanie over it. Another sigh escaped my lips as I exited the closet to confront everyone. More specifically, Derek.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Derek's P.O.V
I shifted as Sage covered me with a blanket. God dammit! Why did I lose control of my stupid ass wolf! Frustration filled me, I felt like I needed to hit something hard.
"What the hell were you thinking?" Sage hissed. His wolf was fighting him but Sage had the strength to fight him as I was to out of it.
"I wasn't thinking anything my wolf was so pissed it took over and attacked her! He wouldn't let me back out! I couldn't do anything! I pleaded and pleaded with him but he wouldn't have it!" I countered, I didn't have enough energy to have any more bite to my bark.
Sages head turned towards the stairs, my head mimicked and we both saw Harmony coming down the stairs with a disgusted look directed at me. I let my head hang in defeat.
"Keep your wolf under control." She spat arrows at me. "And have fun being with your mate." She added harshly.