Chapter Twenty-Nine

29VA Chapter Twenty-Nine (Rose's POV)

I sat back on the couch. I couldn't believe that only four days had passed. It felt more like a week, or even a month. I allowed my mind to wander about the events that had happened.

And settled on the most recent one. My mind felt nothing except annoyance when the image of James kissing Dawn burned into my mind. I couldn't say much, I had broken my own fair number of rules-say, getting into a forbidden romance with my current husband, Dimitri. Then there was the time when I had broken out of the academy with Lissa and living a 'normal' lives for two years. This escapade had also been the one that had brought Dimitri into my life.

I smiled at all these memories I had with him... from when we first met and I attacked him up till now when he had contributed to the birth of our daughter. Our daughter, which by right made no sense in coming onto this earth.

My daughter... queen of Dawn. Dhamphir's 'hope'. A spirit user... with the ability to wield all the other elements. She is able to kick ass in combat. Robert Doru became a Strigoi and is after Dawn to avenge Victor.

Victor... the Strigoi from the wedding! That Strigoi knew Victor. He is one of the Moroi that had tortured Lissa. Hadn't the academy caught all of them? I shook my head. Obviously he had escaped.

Is he back the other time to get revenge or was a just a coincident that he was there? If he is... why? Then why did he disappeared again? Was Dawn's kidnapping this time had anything to do with him? Will he come back?

My heart started pounding hard against my chest at the thought of my daughter in danger. I stood up abruptly, and my eyes searched for Dimitri.

And I slumped back on to the couch. Dimitri is with Dawn. He would make sure that she is safe, that I am sure of. Afterall, she is his precious daughter, anyone could tell how much he spoils her. I smiled slightly when I realized that she is far from being in danger.

I jumped when my phone rang. Sighing as I picked it up, I answered, not bothering to see who was it. "Hello?"

"Roza. Are you okay?" Dimitri's voice came through the phone. I startled, pulling the phone away to check the Caller ID.

"Hello? Rose?"

"Uh... yeah... I... I'm fine." I replied, placing the phone back to my ear. There was a moment of silence. Shit. Dimitri no doubt knew something was wrong.

"Uh..."

"What happened, Roza?" Dimitri asked. I contemplated telling him that nothing is wrong, but finally decided against it.

"I remembered who that Strigoi was." I told him.

"That Strigoi...?"

"The... the one that escaped during our wedding."

Silence.

"Who is he?" Dimitri asked. I opened my mouth to answer when he cut me offers. "No, don't answer that first. The talk is in three days, are you okay in coming over?"

The... talk? What talk?

"Roza?"

"Oh... er..."

"Don't worry about anything now. I'll call Lissa about the talk, and we will discuss things when you're here at the academy, alright?" Dimitri said. I nodded, then realized he isn't here with me. I cleared my throat.

"Yeah... sure."

"I love you."

"I love you too."