Prologue

Here it is, hope you like it. Vote and tell me what you think!

Again this story is fictional, any resembling to real life is completely coincidental. Plots, Settings and Characters are all from the weird imagination of LIA.

***

 The woman sighed as she flew down the freeway trying her hardest to keep calm. She had to leave work again. This was not the first time she had to make an excuse to leave. And she knew deep down in her gut it would not be the last.

She would have lost her job if she wasn’t sleeping with her boss. She smiled just thinking about John, the CEO of Kennedy and Corp Marketing Firm. He was nothing like ‘him.’ She knew he was crazy about her and she cared about him too, but still, too many absent from work could mean a start to a messy breakup where she would lose her job.

While sleeping with the owner of a huge multi-billion dollar company had it perks, she loved her job. All her coworkers and even John could testify that she was one of the best of the best. She was on her way to making vice president and having to leave work all the time was hurting her and supporting her competition!

Althea clinched her hands on the steering wheel, knuckles’ white and jaw locked tight as she try hard not to think about the reason she was driving 85 miles per hour in a 50 zone. She was positive that if the police saw her they would gave her a ticket the size of Texas.

They already knew her from all the times she drove like a madwoman; mad, perhaps that’s what I am, Althea thought to herself. Lost in her anger, Althea almost did not see the black Toyota as she made a sharp turn towards her exit. The driver of the car honked long and hard; he was probably insulting her too but she did not care. She did not miss her exit so he could throw as many profanities at her if he wanted.

Althea slowed down trying to calm herself as she made a right turn to her street. She wanted to be cool and collected or the rest of her day would be miserable. Parking in her large garage, Althea grabbed her bag and keys. She locked her car with a soft clicked and opened the back door connected to the garage.

She entered the house and sat her bag on the kitchen table. Her kitchen was beautiful; the wood work was the finest she had seen with state of the art refrigerator, oven, microwave and everything a kitchen needed. She walked into the huge living room decorated with nice black leather couches, matching tables and chairs and a giant entertainment center.

The house was every baby-sitter’s dream, but Althea found her baby-sitter kneeling in the corner crying her eyes out. She looked terrified and shaken to the core. With caution, Althea walked up to the frightened 16 year old careful not to scare her more. The minor jumped when Althea touched her shoulders. The baby sitter stared at her employer with wide eyes as tears gushed down her face.

“He’s sleeping.” The girl stammered. “I promise I won’t tell anybody so please can I go now?”

Althea observed the girl for a while not really knowing what to say. She wanted to talk about what had frightened the teenager to death, but she felt compel to put the poor girl out of her misery. But first, she wanted to know if weird stories would be circulating around about her strange son, keeping possible baby-sitters away. Oh what was she kidding, there were none left. Not even nannies. They all quit too.

“Won’t tell what?” Althea challenged the girl hoping whatever she experienced would be too unexplainable to repeat.

“I don’t know, and no one would believe me anyway.” The teenager replied still looking frighten.

Althea sighed; guess it was time to move again. She would be a fool if she thought for one second her scared babysitter wouldn’t tell anyone about her experience. The kid was a teenager after all; gossip was trendy in her generation.