Chapter Eight: His Angel!

Summary of Arion from “Nothing to Gain!

Please note: If you have read “Nothing to Gain” then skip this summary and go to Cyan's POV. If you haven't then I advise you to read this summary in order to understand this chapter.

Nothing to Gain is about a girl named Primula that was brutally abused by her pack and rejected by her mate. When the supernatural world encountered a new evil, Primula calls it the Shadow, their only hope of survival is Primula. As they tried to figure out what the Shadow is, Primula begin an unlikely and sometimes hilarious friendship with a man named Arion, her mate’s uncle. Primula’s strange friendship with Arion forced her to agree to help the supernatural world, a world she was certain had no place for her.

In order to save their world, the supernatural Beings send Primula, Arion, Jebidiah (the mate who rejected Primula) and four others on a journey to ask the gods for help. The group they named the supernatural seven encountered many hardship, tragedy, death, and personal growth on their journey.

In this story, Arion has no mate, and he believed that he never will. His greatest wish was to see his nephew and Primula get back together. His kind natural drew everybody together, but there was no mistaken that he held loneliness inside nobody could fix.

When the supernatural seven finally reached the gods they learned that the only way to stop this new threat (a cloud of dark and sinister evil that has been accumulating for millions of years as a result of people’s wickedness) was to put it inside a vessel, Arion. In fact, it was revealed that the gods manipulated everything, including Primula’s abuse in order to stop the Shadow. Apparently Arion was the only person whose soul could withstand such mass of darkness without shattering because he was an outsider; he did not partake in the creation of the Shadow nor Primula’s abuse. The gods confessed that Arion was taken from his universe with the sole intention of taking in the Shadow and the person to put this evil within him was Primula.

Encouraged by Arion, Primula agreed after making one last desperate wish that Arion will not get taken over. Arion disappeared soon after he ingested the Shadow; now this same Arion is in Icarus Falls! Why?

PS: Ask me questions if you need further clarification.

****

Cyan POV

Dammit! This cannot be happening! I was always so careful, but Arion was so convincing. This entire day has been nothing but a headache. It all started while I was buying some food for Arion. I noticed Ella following, trying to use stealth but she was doing a horrible job. When I had enough, I caught her and she confessed that Adonis had sent her to spy on me. I suppose I had it coming. Adonis is very difficult to deal with at times which was why I agreed to the hang out hoping I could clear everything out. Still though, I was worry about Arion. I knew that I would not be able to come back in time to lock him up. As I ran with all the speed I possessed, my thoughts started to stray back to the conversation I had with Arion.

***

Slamming the door behind me, I tiredly walked to the living room and plopped down on the couch.

"Is that you Cyan?" I heard Arion asked from upstairs.

"Yes," I answered him weakly. Closing my eyes, I rested my head on the couch and rubbed my forehead.