Chapter Sixteen: Dinner with the Family

Yay! Chapter sixteen! This chapter is dedicated to _thombelina for the amazing cover. Isn’t the new cover for ITEOO beautiful? I love it and want to give a special thank you to _thombelina for such a spectacular work of art!

Adonis POV

Stepping out the door, I closed it and raised my brow in amusement at my mother who was stretching her neck to see inside. She was dressed formal with a gorgeous blue dress stopping to her knees and her blonde hair held up. She finished the look with diamond earrings. She was stunning as her blue eyes sparkle in excitement.

 "Where's the food?" I asked her suspiciously wary as to the reason she was dressed so formal. Our agreement was simple; she would bring the food to us.

 "Well, the family decided to eat together so we could see Osiris. Not the whole pack, just the alphas and their families." She smiled sheepishly, reverting her eyes when my jaw dropped.

 "Mother, I don't think now is the best time. Osiris doesn't even know what mate means.”

I wanted her to understand he really wasn't ready to meet any member of my family especially since I didn't know where he and I stood. She bowed her head, and nodded turning around to leave. I let out a huge breath glad that was over and done with. I turned to walk back inside but froze when my mother sniffed. Dear God! Not that, anything but that! She sniffed loudly hiccupping and I knew her shoulder was shaking.

"Okay," she said in a small voice. 

“After fifteen months! After I suffered, carrying you! Mine how big you were! All I could think was one day this beautiful boy would be born to me and I will gain another son name Osiris!" She blew her nose, wailing loudly.

Bunch of bull crap! Who carries a child for fifteen months? And she didn't even know I would be mated to a man.

 "You were the worst pregnancy ever, but I bear the pain. I even consider you my favorite son although Zion thinks he's my favorite!" She wept falling on the ground.

All lies! Zion was her worst pregnancy ever! And then it was Hera but I never once hurt her. She always joke that because I was so powerful, I tried not to cause her pain. Again, Zion was her favorite and I was okay with that because her definition of choosing you as her favorite was extremely scary. She would smother the life out of you, no wonder Zion turned out to be more girlish than manly.

At this point I was frozen at the door listening to the loudest wailing in existence! It was so painful, I just wanted to shut her up but the only way to do that was by agreeing to this ridiculous dinner they came up with.