Chapter Twenty Two - Goodbye

I have an exam coming up on Wednesday so I am updating first. After my exam, it would be our thanks giving break so I will not have work or school. This mean more update for all the stories!

***

Adonis POV

“You want me to do what?” Osiris inquired incredulously. His gorgeous face looked shock.

“I want you to apologize to Ramic for-”

NO!” The thoughts were screamed in my head but spoken out softly as not to draw attention.

“Come on your Majesty, it’s not that hard,” my voice was filled with encouragement that I’m afraid only worked to fuel Osiris’ anger.

“Why should I apologize to him?” He jerked his head away from my pleading puppy-dog gaze and continued to fume. “I should have scalded him from inside out; that should teach him to keep his lips glued to his mouth and not on what belongs to me.”

The image his comment conjured almost had me laughing, but I had to stand my ground. “I told you it was a misunderstanding; he was happy to see me alive so-”

“So what?” He retorted indignantly. “I am happy to see Zion alive, but did you see me kissing him? Is that what people do when someone comes back from the world of the dead? Did Cyan and Helios kiss you when you were revived?” He was livid, fire burning behind his eyes, words spilling out of his mouth.

“No they did not!” Ew! I was appalled by his words, my mind trying to scorch away the images of Cyan and Helios kissing. That would be wrong and gross on so many levels. “They are my brothers so of course they did not.”

“Not by blood!” He growled impatiently, waving me off.

Ignoring his harsh tone and anger, I stood firm. “Apologize Osi-”

“Maybe I should walk up to Zion and kiss him, and let’s see how Helios would react. He would be angry because Zion is His mate just like YOU are MINE!” Now he was ranting.

“Now you are irrational. Whether you like it or not, you will apologize to Ramic,” I narrowed my eyes when he laughed mockingly at my declaration. “Apologize, Osiris.” I repeated.

“NO!” He examined me, scoffed and sauntered away.

 My eyes followed his retreating form. “That went well.” My mission to teach Osiris how to play nicely and not destroy every single person that looks at me with interest was failing quickly.

So far everything was going well; sure Azazel was now on a quest to torment Cyan and invade his privacy every chance he got, but I figure Cyan could handle him.

Anubis advised that we should return home first and discuss the souls of my ancestors with my fathers before taking them out of the underworld. They would be under his supervision until our fathers could decide what should happen to them. Osiris agreed, acknowledging that it would be more beneficial this way.

No big surprise Osiris chose Azazel as his temporary guardian much to the chagrin of Cyan, Helios, Castor and Pollux. Castor and Pollux wanted the job, but I much rather prefer Azazel even if he was a pain. The twins were just too mischievous. Cyan was not happy, but he concealed it well and pretended it did not bother him.

The only person who seemed to like the idea was Osiris, while the rest of us, especially Azazel and I were less enthusiastic. Being Osiris’ guardian meant that Azazel has to come back to Icarus Falls with us. It took a lot for Osiris to convince me that his brother coming with us was the best. It also meant Azazel would face our fathers’ judgment although they were limited on what they could do.