12.

Another week went by before I saw them again. I didn't even get any texts from Luke or anything this time. I was actually getting back into living like I used to. Ya know, before 5sos took over. The only thing 5sos related that I got all week was someone posted an article about me at their party. It had every picture I thought it would and it accused me of being with Luke while he was dating Arzaylea. She managed to bash me on social media as well. But I didn't actually use the accounts I made. Ever. I never opened them anymore. The week I spent with them was fun, but I liked being in my small hut alone with my cat and spending my days running on the beach. At least that's what I thought.

Honey's blog was blowing up now that she was 'Twitter Famous' like she wanted to be and she was actually in contact with Mikey to the point of tweeting each other things at random. She didn't get to spend time with them either though. That was the most contact she had with them. It was more than me.

It had been exactly a week and a half, that's ten and a half days, when I woke up missing them. They had completely ruined my life. At least that's how it felt. I don't really remember how I survived before I met them.

So I spent that time running on the beach. It was another week before I saw them again. Two and a half weeks I went basically alone. I saw Honey maybe four days out of that. What can I say? I was a hermit.

And then I didn't even see them because they called me later. I was sitting on my couch eating leftover pizza from the night before when someone knocked on my door. I got up, shoved the cat out of the way, and opened the door. They all waved at me and grinned.

"Hi!" I said laughing, "What are you guys doing here?" I asked as they all walked inside. It was a good thing I liked them. Luke wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"We wanted you to come to the beach with us." He said. "So please come to the beach with us." I laughed and nodded. He let me go and I went to grab my things. I changed into my bathing suit, grabbed my phone, and then went outside with them. I thought about calling Honey, but I already knew she was working.

We walked a little ways down the beach until I kicked some water at Mikey. He kicked some back, and then we were at war. It started to be a team of me and Luke against Ashton, Calum, and Mikey, which seemed a little more fair at first, but then Luke traded on me and I was suddenly being hit with water at from every direction. I gave a squeal and covered my face until I was suddenly grabbed. I screamed again and held onto whoever it was. I was shielded from the water so I looked at who was holding me. Luke smiled at me and I swatted his face.

"You abandoned me!" I said laughing. He planted a kiss on my forehead and I heard the others groan and make puking sounds.

"Gross man!" Calum said splashing at us again.

"Yeah! Go kiss her somewhere else!" Ashton said. I knew they didn't mean it, but Luke didn't seem to care. He started pulled me down the beach farther. We were running, and I knew they weren't going to follow us. Luke stopped under the pier and he wrapped his arms around me again.

"Hi," he said as I put my arms around his neck. I laughed at him and he kissed my cheek several times, "Listen I'm really sorry about not calling or anything." I shrugged and took in a deep breath.

"You didn't say you would," I said, "so I didn't really expect you to call." That was such a lie.

"We've just been really busy," he insisted, "and every time I thought about calling you, it wasn't a good time. I planned to text you, but I never got to that either and stuff has been going nuts over the stuff between the group and Arzaylea and...." He trailed off. I glanced away from him and loosened my grip. I didn't really wanna talk about her. I was avoiding anything she was mentioned in online on purpose. I didn't like her and all she did was talk shit about me.

"Anyway....." I said slowly, "I didn't expect you to call me." I said again.

"So you aren't mad at me?" He asked raising his eyebrows at me. I shook my head and let go of him.

"Why would I be?" I asked sitting down in the sand. I started pushing sand into a bit of a hill. He sat next to me. "I'm not your girlfriend, so you have no obligation to call me."

"Well maybe I want the obligation to call you." He said with a smirk. I watched his hands start to shove sand into my hill to make it bigger. I was trying really hard to think about this. I wasn't really the type of person to just date someone because they asked. They had to be serious about dating me.

"Will you call me?" I asked seriously. His smirk went away and he nodded.

"Course I will." He said. He really sounded like he meant it. "If you want me to call you anyway." He turned his attention to the sand hill again. He glanced sideways at me and I tried not to laugh.

"I want you to call me." I said letting a laugh out as I swatted at his face lightly. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into his side. I leaned against his shoulder and he kissed the top of my head.

"I would kiss you but," he said quietly, "there is some paparazzi around and I don't wanna draw more attention to you." I sighed and shook my head at him as the other appeared finally.

"You know we didn't actually mean for you to go somewhere else." Mikey said as Luke let go of me. I got up and grabbed his arm.

"Mikey!" I said quickly. He frowned at me.

"Sydney!" He said back, making me laugh.

"I want you to give me a piggy back ride." I said. He gave me this really weird look and Luke laughed as he got up. Ashton walked closer to him and stared him in the eye just as he slammed his foot down on our little hill Luke rolled out his lip and pretended to cry.

"I don't carry people." Mikey said shaking his head. "People carry me." I laughed and Calum put his arms around my shoulders.

"I'll give you a piggy back ride." He said. I grinned and hopped onto Calum's back. He started running around Mikey and Ashton and Luke challenging them to a race.

"Luke has to be the runner." Ashton said jumping onto his back without much warning. Luke grunted and nearly fell over. Michael took out his phone and grinned.

"I'll video tape," he said laughing, "Luke try not to fall down." Luke glared at him and I laughed.