41

It turned out that Jack was holding Pippa and she did not like him at all. Luke fell over laughing as I took our daughter from his brother's arms.

"Looks like the tables have turned." Luke giggled. Jack glared at him and Liz shook her head at them.

"See babies don't normally like Luke." Liz said as I sat down on the couch with Pippa. She sat next to me and Luke smirked at Jack. "And they always loved Jack."

"But Pippa hates you!" Luke said laughing. I frowned at him and held Pippa in a sitting position on my lap.

"Aw, no she doesn't." I said as Jack came closer. He leaned over and made a face at her. She started whimpering and Luke laughed some more.

"You know what?" Jack asked seemingly having an idea, "It's because I look like you. So she doesn't actually hate me. She hates you and she thinks I'm you." I laughed and Luke shoved him out of the way. He leaned over Pippa and scrunched his nose at her. She smiled at him and waved her hands.

"See!" He said giggling at her. He ran his knuckle down her cheek. "She doesn't hate me. She loves me." He made a kissy face at her. She laughed at him and reached her arms toward his face. He kissed he fingers and laughed at her. Jack sighed and shook his head. I gave him a sympathetic look.

A tall guy came into the room talking to Ashton and I glanced at Jack for help as to who he was.

"Ben." He whispered holding up two fingers. I gave him a thumbs up just before he noticed me.

"Oh hey!" He said almost knocking Luke down. "I'm Ben."

I laughed and waved briefly. "Sydney." Ben suddenly glared at Jack.

"What?" He looked offended and I frowned. "Jack, you told me her name was Arzaylea!" I raised an eyebrow at Luke's brothers and Luke clears his throat loudly.

"Nope, no her name is Sydney!" He said quickly. He stood up and gave his brothers a look that meant to shut up. I laughed and Ben seemed to move on from the topic. He held out his hands and I let him take Pippa. We all watched to see if she liked him.

She kinda looked at him for a second, trying to make up her mind. And then she started to look worried. Luke laughed and watched her react to him.

"What did you do to her, Ben?" He asked. Ashton looked at Pippa's face and pouted at me.

"Why's she so sad?" He asked sadly. I giggled at him as Pippa finally started crying.

"Oh!" Luke bragged before he lightly took Pippa from Ben. "I'm finally the favorite!"

"She's your baby!" Ashton said laughing. "I'd be really worried if you weren't her favorite."

"It's okay," I said patting Ben's arm. "She didn't like Jack either."

"Maybe it's because-" Jack started on a new reason but Ashton held up his hand, cutting him off.

"Maybe it's because he's her dad." He said as Calum appeared.

"He's who's dad?" He asked as Luke turned Pippa to look at him. Calum made a face at her and giggled. "Hello!" He poked her cheeks and Luke grinned.

"Pippa doesn't like Ben or Jack." He said giggling like a little kid.

"That's not surprising." Calum said in a strange voice at the baby. She giggled and grabbed his fingers. "Jack and Ben look a bit like you so when they hold her she expects them to be you. And when they aren't you she gets sad because you're who she wants." It made sense. I shrugged as Luke looked at me, hoping for some confirmation.