Chapter 30: Story Of My Life

Author's Note:
Hey! Have you heard Turn Your Face by Little Mix? I really think you should listen to it, while reading this or something! It suits the background near the middle if the chapter! Eeeee! So sorry for the delay! Hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 31:

"Okay... So where do I begin? I guess I'll have to start by saying, that I was born in Wellington, New Zealand. I've lived there my whole life, up until two years ago..." I explained.

*Flashback*

Hazel's POV.

The cold wind whipped my hair and face, as I sprinted home from another stupid day of college.

September 11, 2011.
I know it's a sad day. 10 years ago today, the World Trade Centers in New York were attacked and burned down.
Trust me, I do feel sorry for the family's who had their loved ones ripped away from them so quickly, but I'm also quite happy today...
I just can't believe I'm officially 17 today...
I still feel like a 14 year old..
Maybe that's just because of Kat..
Hmm. Okay

I ran up to my front door, and turned the knob.
Unlocked, Yay!
I mentally high fived myself.
I love it when the doors unlocked. Now I don't have to get the hidden key inside the fake rock, that always has a disgusting spider in it, that's hidden in the flower pot out front.

I walked in and set my bags down by the table.
I went to the kitchen, to see mum making dinner.
Already? Oh well. I love food.

"Hey birthday girl! How's school today?" She asked cheerfully, while making salad.

"Do you even need to ask? Mum, it's school. It's just as bad as ever, but at least I get to spend some time with my friends in that prison.." I grabbed a piece of lettuce from the bowl.

"It's not a prison, hun. It's just a place where you learn skills, that you probably won't even need to know in your life." She laughed.

"Yeah, exactly. Prison. All we do is work all day, and get a small break. And how do you think history is going to help? Wow, I learn about medieval times. It's not going to help me become doctor, or a lawyer, or anything like that.." I smirked.

"Well, I'm sure it's not that bad. It's wasn't Hell when I was at school." She said, tossing the salad.

"But, you went to college like, I don't know... 40 years ago.." I wondered. How old is mum?

"Are you calling me old?!" She perked a brow.

"Well... It's not so much as old... But... I don't know... Not young? Wait, that sounded mean. I mean that, you just don't know how college is now!" I found the perfect explanation.

"Sure, sure..." She shook her head, and carried on cooking dinner.

"Where's dad? He hasn't said 'happy birthday' to me today. Plus, he's teaching me piano and guitar today. He's so busy. Shouldn't he be home by now? It's Monday. He always comes back early on a Monday..." I asked sadly.

"Well, I actually have no idea. He should be home..." My mum checked the clock.

"Maybe he's out looking for a present..?" I suggested.

"I thought he already bought one.." She mumbled to herself.

"Well... If you say so.. Hey, I haven't received it yet. Oh well... I'll just wait.." I sighed.

I walked into the living room.
Kat was sprawled on the couch, flicking through channels.
They either were all nature channels, or it was movies and news about the 9/11 attacks.
She finally stopped at one channel and perked up.

"Let me guess... One Direction?" I muttered.

I seriously don't get how she loves them so much.
Sure, they look fun to be around, but they act like the guys at our school. Immature.
Except the boys of One Direction are all cute, or smoking hot compared to the guys at my school.
Okay, so maybe they're perfect? Na... More like...
Better looking than everyone, have voices like angels, act like they're everything a girl wants...
Okay, yeah, pretty much the definition of perfect.
At least I'm not obsessed like some other crazy fans... Like Kat.

"Yep!" She grinned like an idiot.
I do not understand her ways, when it comes to One Direction..

"Oh! And happy birthday! I didn't really have time to say it today.." She explained, still staring at the screen.

She doesn't look sincere, but I know she is. I've known her long enough to learn that she does that.

Suddenly the 17 year old, Cynthia bursted into the room. Oh god... She looks excited..

"Guess who finally got their drivers license!" She squealed.
Gosh, it's as if she had just met, who is it? Louis Tomlinson? Yeah, and is freaking out. That's pretty much what she does when she fangirls...

"Really? Woah! That's great!" I smiled and hugged her.

After we pulled away, she said:
"Happy birthday! Wow! You're so old!" She laughed.

"Hey! Says the one who's 17 as well!" I objected.

"Hey! I'm still a year older than you!" she objected this time.

"And now you're saying your even older than I said you were..." I smirked.

"Shut up! I'm like Louis! I never grow old in my mind!" She snapped back.

"Alright, alright. I give up." I put my hands up in defense.

"Shhh! Harry's part is on!" Kat shushed us.

"Louis' next!" Cynthia shouted and hopped onto the couch with her.

I stood there; dumbfounded.
How are they like this?
I really don't understand how Directioners work.
What has the world come to?

So I just left them and ran up stairs.
I just can't wait to get into my room, hop into my comfy bed, curl up in it, and then-

"It's gotta be yoooouu, only yooouu, it's got to be yooouuu. Only yooouu, hey!" Harry's voice blasted out of Kat's phone, that was just sitting on a small table with vases of flowers on them, in the middle of the hall.
Geez... Too much of a ringtone, right?

I was about to tell her that she was getting a call, when I checked caller ID: Unknown.

Well, I may as well answer it.. I thought to myself.

"Hello?" I pressed the phone against my ear.

"Do what I say, and your dad won't get hurt.." The husky voice of a man answered my soft, calm, girly tone.

"Uh, excuse me?" I said.
So dad won't get hurt? This must be a birthday trick... Right? No. Why would they call on Kat's phone?
That would just be stupid...

"You heard me. Kat, do as I say. Now, I want you to go and get your family's hidden money. All of it. Then you come to this address that I text you, and then you'll give me the money. You got that?" He told.
He still thinks I'm Kat... I'll just need to play along...
No way am I getting Kat stuck in this mess.

"W-wait... What happens to dad next? How do I know he's with you?" ! asked.

Suddenly I heard the phone rustle, because something rough was happening.

"Oh, he's here, alright.." He said.
Suddenly I heard muffled screams and shouts on the other end of the line.

"Mat! 'On't moo it!" My dad shouted.
I think he said something along the lines of, "Kat! Don't do it!". Even my dad thinks I'm Kat. Well, he can't even hear me.

"S-stop! Stop hurting him! I'll be there as soon as I can!" I shouted and ran into my parents room.

"If you get this right, I might. Oh, and don't tell anyone. Not your mum, or that cousin if yours, and especially Hazel, or his life is on the line. Alright?" He hung up.

Oh gosh... Why is this happening?
I'm so scared for my fathers life.
So, right now I'm going through my parents closet.
Why did he think Kat knows where the money is?
Even mum doesn't know...
Only dad told me where he hid the money.
I'm usually the only one he can trust when it comes to this kind if stuff.
If Kat knew, she'd probably brag about it to everyone. That's what we don't want.
Mum would spend it on clothes or something not important.
Tommy's two, so he barely even knows what money is.

Suddenly the phone received a text from "Unknown".
It was the address.
Good, I knew the place.

I finally found the hidden black suitcase.
I opened it to find the stacks of money.
According to how many stacks, and how much is in each stack, there is $750,000. Just as much as last time dad showed me.

I closed it, left the room, and ran- smacked straight into my mum.

"Hazel? Why are you rushing? What's the suitcase for?" She nodded her head to the black case I'm holding.

"Uhh.. Well, I just need to go out. And um... That's... That's nothing. Don't worry about it." I said and ran out the door.

"Hey! Promise you'll be back tonight?" She had run down the stairs with me.

"I can't promise that! I can't promise I'll be back at all..." I whispered the last part so she couldn't hear.

I heard her shout something a few more times until I finally ran away from my street.

I was turning corners and running down blocks of streets to my destination.
It's so cold, I might as well just have hypothermia.
I'm in a t-shirt, denim shorts, and to top that, I'm in my bare feet.
It's so windy and cold.
It looks as if there's a storm coming on.

I turned more corners.
Some people were on the streets and were staring at me like I'm a crazy hobo, stealing a suitcase.
Well I'm not. Quite the opposite of a hobo stealing a suitcase.
I'm a teenage, non homeless girl, who's dad has a lot of money, and actually not stealing, but giving a suitcase- full of money- away.
See? Opposite of "hobo".
Plus, I'm not crazy!
The guy who I'm going to give it to is probably crazy, though.

I got to my destination.
It turns out to be in a dark alley.
Great... I love meeting crazy people in dark alleys, where I could be raped or murdered... I love sarcasm!

"H-hello?" My scared voice echoed in the dark.

No answer.

"Hello-" a large, cold, sweaty hand clasped around my mouth, ceasing my voice to an abrupt stop.

"Shut up. Don't scream, shout, or even talk. Got it?" His voice was raspy as he breathed his hot, sour breath on my face. He held me around my waist, stopping any way of me escaping his nasty, painful grip.

I nodded frantically, just wanting him to let me go.
This felt so horrible.

"Good.." I could almost imagine the smirk on his face.
If only I knew who he was.

I felt his hands leave all contact from my body. The palm of his hand slowly left my mouth.
He knows I won't run without Jeremy, my dad.

"Now, the money." He spoke, and held his hand out.

"Where's dad?" I asked, pulling the suitcase behind me.

His eyes turned to slits, from what I could see in the dark.
"Money. Now." He growled impatiently.

"Not until I see my dad.." I sassed at him.

"In the corner, over in the chair. Now the money.." He looked aggressive.

I slowly handed him the case.

I searched around with my eyes, not moving from my spot, and found a foot sticking out of the darkness.

"Dad? Dad!" I ran up to him.
Now that I got closer, I could see Jeremy's face.
Bruised, cut, bloodied, tired, distressed, and gagged.
He was bound by ropes onto a poor-looking chair.

I pulled the gag off him, and he looked up to me.

"Hazel... But Kat?" He whispered, making sure the stranger didn't hear us.

"She never answered the ph-" I stopped in my tracks when the man said:

"How much is in here?"

"Uh... $7-$750,000..." I muttered.

"Not as much as wanted, but it'll do..." He scoffed.

"Well..?" I waited for him to do something.

"Well what?" He gruffed.

"Aren't you going to tell me who you are?" I asked, untying some of the ropes on my dad.

He took a minute to figure out what he should do, then finally chose step out of the dark shadows.

I wonder who this bastard really is-
Jason?!

"J-Jason..?" I spoke aloud this time.
He must have done something with his voice, because its not THAT husky. Jesus...

"Yep. Sorry 'bout it Kat. Your dad deserves what's coming. You can't stop it." He said mysteriously.

How could Jason do this?
He's a family friend...
He's like a brother to my dad.
I'm pretty sure he works with him.
How old is he? 35?
He's like an uncle to me...
Past tense. He WAS like an uncle.
I've known him since I was born...
He was so nice... I don't believe he could do something like this...
I DIDN'T think he could.
Wait, can't stop what? What's coming for my dad?
What did he do?

So many questions running through my head, that might never even be answered.
This is just hurting my head.

"W-What's coming?" I decided on that question for now.

"You'll see.." He trailed off.

What the hell does that mean?
I stood up, and walked towards him, and accidentally out of the shadows.

"H-Hazel?! What the hell are you doing here?! You can't be here! Kat told you, didn't she?" He looked as if I was a disease.

"N-No! She never answered the phone! I did! She knows nothing about this! Don't bring her into this mess, okay?" I really can't let Kat get stuck in this. He could hurt her... Or worse...

"You shouldn't have come! It's not gonna work..." He mostly talked to himself at the end.

I turned to dad and knelt by him.
"Hazel! Get out of here while you can!" He ordered in a whisper.

"No! I'm not leaving you!" I frantically tried to untie the harder ropes, with no success.

"I'm dead anyway! I love you, so you need to go! Go become the singer that you're always wanted to be! You're bound to meet the guy you'll fall in love with along the way! You're still young! You have a full life ahead of you. Please, I'm begging you. Live your life while you can.." He pleaded as I bursted into tears, while giving up on the tight ropes.

"W-What do you mean you're dead anyway?" I asked.

"Exactly what he said." I heard a knife "ching" behind me.

I turned around to see what I expected; Jason holding a sharp knife.

"Say goodbye to your "daughter" Jeremy, because its lights out for you." Jason smirked and threw the knife.

Everything became slow-motion. The knife came hurtling towards me and dad; neither of us knew who it was going to hit.
Suddenly I felt something warm splatter all over me, and heard someone scream in pain, so turned around... Only I wish I hadn't.

It was dad. It had hit him.
There was blood everywhere.
Blood on my clothes, and all over my skin.
He was stabbed right in the heart.
He looked up to my tear-soaked blue eyes and mouthed "Happy Birthday" before his normally happy-brown eyes started fading.

It suddenly started raining, of all times. Clouds filled the view from all over the sky, and rain poured down like there was no tomorrow. Not for dad, anyway.
Thunder cracked overhead, as loud as my heart would be screaming if it could.

The fresh blood on my skin washed away easily by the water, as if nothing had happened. But it did. My clothes, I knew, were surely stained, and the blood would stay there as a permanent reminder of what just happened.

I suddenly had a flashback of all the fun times we've had. All the father-daughter moments.

The moment he stayed out in the waiting room at the hospital with me, while mum was giving birth to Kat, all because he was to much of a wuss to go in.

The moment my first tooth came out, and I saw him sneak a gold coin under my pillow that night.

The moment I won the singing contest when I was 7, all because he told me I could do it.

The moment he promised he'd teach me how to play musical instruments, straight after I told him that I'd found out I had a passion for them.

The moment my crush broke my heart when we were 14 and dad promised me that he'd never let any guy do that to me again.

The moment he said that he wanted me to date one of the boys in One Direction, just because he thought that they'd never break my heart, because they were perfect, and they were his favourite band at the time.

The moment he promised he'd never leave my side, and walk me down the isle, just like the fathers always do.

And the moment he told me 'Happy Birthday' for the last time.

They flashed past me, one by one. There were so many more, but those really stood out from the others.

He was more than just one thing to me.
He was my dad.
My Tooth Fairy.
My Santa Claus.
My guitar an piano teacher.
My vocalist.
My best friend.
And my protecter.

And in an instant, he was gone.
His face was pale, more pale than I ever thought it could get, because the blood drained from his face, as his heart slowly stopped beating.
His eyes stared into mine, and blinked slowly for the last time, before closing them; Forever.

No. This can't happen.
"Dad! No! Dad! Open your eyes! Blink! Please! Stay awake! Don't leave me! Daddy!" I shouted, leaning on his shoulder, and then collapsed onto the ground, crying my heart out.

He can't be gone, he promised.
What has Jason done?
What's he going to do next?

I felt his presence near mine and his eyes peering at me.
I didn't care. I don't care about anything but my family right now.
I don't care what he does to me.
I really could not care less.

"So... Lets go now." He said, as if we were in the middle of a normal conversation.

I slowly stopped shedding tears, and turned up to look at him.

How could he say that? Especially so casually?
He just killed my dad, right in front of my eyes.

"Excuse me?" My eyes turned to slits.

"We need to go..." He trailed off like a moron.

I can't believe I thought of him as family...

"You think I'm leaving with you?! After what you did?!
You are the most careless, least-considerate, non-hearted person I know! I can't believe I thought of you like an uncle! You sicken me to the core! You just killed my father! My own dad, right in front of me! You're a disgrace! You murdered your friend! I can't even find the right words to describe you! The words are so horrific, that I can't even say them out loud! At least the words aren't as bad as you are! I hate you! Hate is a strong word, but I really, truly, hate you! I'm not going with you! You're a murderer!" I let out all my anger. By the end of the rant, I was panting, from all the shouting and crying.

"If you're not willing to leave, I might just have to pay your family a visit. Especially Kat." He smirked, and started walking away, as if my words had just rolled off him, like oil and water.

That's it. He's not hurting my family. Not the rest of them.
I don't know what came over me when I tackled him. It was just in the heat of the moment.

We fell to the ground, sprawled out.
He was stunned, and didn't know what just happened. That was my opportunity. I hopped on top of him, and punched him.

"That's." *punch "For." *punch "Murdering." *punch "My." *punch "Father!" He caught my wrist on the last one, as I said that between punches in the nose.
He twisted my arm, and then the tables were turned.
He was punching me now.

"I'm sorry, but this is how you wanted it!" Punch.

He was about to punch me again, when I kicked him in the crotch, and he fell off me, moaning in pain.
I quickly got to my knees, and ran as fast as my long legs could carry me. Trust me, it was fast.

I ran through other alleys, leaving my fathers body behind.
I turned one more corner, and bumped right into someone.

"H-Help me! Someone's attacking me-" I stopped in my tracks when I looked up to find Jason standing there. With the suitcase, of course.
I'm faster than him so he must've taken a short cut.

"I'm sorry, but this is how you wanted it.." He grabbed me, my back against his chest.
Suddenly I felt something sharp, cold and long stab above my hip.

"AHHHH!" I screeched.
I looked down to find I knife handle sticking out of my stomach.

I can't believe him.
He stabbed me with the same knife he used to kill my dad.

I clutched around the wound, trying to stop some blood being lost, without success.
He turned me around roughly and I watched his blue eyes look at the knife, as he pulled it out of my hip.

"Ahhhhhh! Stop! Ah!" I screamed, crying.

He slashed at me, and ended up being slashed at the collar bone, blood rushing out of the gash.

I screamed again, and he covered my mouth and shuffled me along the alley.

Suddenly I heard sirens in the distance, and felt his grip on my arm tense up.

"That's it. I'm sorry, but you're slowing me down." He said, and threw me on the ground, nearly enough to shatter my bones.

I had lost so much blood, I'm getting lightheaded. It's even really hard to look up at him, but I did anyway.
His blue eyes peered into mine, with sorrow and... Love? Not the kind of relationship love, but the kind you share with family.

I suddenly felt so tired. My head hit the ground. Everything was becoming blurry, and I could only look up to his legs, since I couldn't turn my head because it felt ten pounds heavier. After about half a minute, of deciding whether to take me or not, he ran away, clutching the suitcase in-hand.
He ran under the bright street lights, and that was the last time I saw him, before leaving me to bleed to death, in the rain, on the cold asphalt.

I can hear the sirens getting closer.
I really hope it's an ambulance, or Im going to die right here.
Just like dad said if I didn't get away.
I saw the cars stop in front of me, but I shut my eyes. The bright flashing lights didn't help at all.

I feel so alone.
I know there are people around me, asking where else I'm hurt and lifting me into a stretcher, but Im alone.
My dads gone.
He made me strong against anything.
Now that he's gone, I'm actually, literally dying.
I'm not strong any longer.
I'm alone.

I heard the ambulance doors slam, and sirens start blaring again, and that's when I passed out.

I woke up at the hospital, to my mum crying her head off, Kat shedding a few tears, and Cynthia looking really worried.
They didn't notice I had opened my eyes.

"M-Mum?" I asked, with a massive headache thumping in my head, but the rest of my body felt a bit better, probably because of the drugs.

"Hazel! You're awake!" Mum pulled me into a hug.
The pain hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Ow!" I practically screamed.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" My mum apologized.

"I-it's fine. Y-you know about dad right?" I stuttered as tears started to flood my eyes.

"No... They haven't said anything about him yet. We told them that he hadn't come back from work yet. Did you see him? Why are you crying?" Kat spoke up.

Oh god... I have to relive the whole thing, just by telling them, and the cops what happened.

"Dad... Dads dead." That's all I could mumble before I was full-blown crying.

*End Of Flashback*

Throughout the whole story, Niall flinched when I told him I had got hurt.
He had grabbed my hand in the middle of explaining.

"Oh my gosh... Please don't cry. I shouldn't have asked. I'm sorry..." Niall looked like he was going to cry.

I hadn't noticed, but at some point during retelling, tears had slipped from my eyes.

"It's okay, Im fine." I sighed, lying.

"Hazel, I know that must've been hard for you. I don't know what it feels like for a parent to... Pass away, but I can see that just looking at you, it wasn't easy." He gave a slight smile, trying to lift the mood... No success. At least he tried.

"Thanks. And after he... Was gone, I had to go to therapy, because of what I had been through.
That's why speak what I'm thinking sometimes. I had to speak what I felt. And I'm never happy on my birthdays anymore. No one is, especially in New York. 11th of September. I hate that day. I never celebrate it. Its practically not my birthday on that day anymore. It's just a day of remembering my dad." I explained.

"You should still celebrate your birthday. It's a day of remembering your birth, and life, no matter what day it is." He had a sad look in his face.

He's never gonna give up, is he?

"Not for me." I that was my quickest answer.

Suddenly, someone barged into the room. Actually, more like the two most intimidating people I know.

Kat and Louis.

"Finally! They didn't let us in until Louis threatened to take his clothes off in front of the patients!" Kat explained and ran up to me.

"Hey! I wasn't actually going to do it! That would scare everyone!" Louis ran up as well.

I laughed, but it hurt, so I tried to stop but couldn't help it.

"Haha ouch! Hehe ouch! Hahaha ouch!" I said in between laughs.

"What's wrong? What hurts?" Kat turned to full on protection mode.

"Don't worry, it's just my stitches. I don't think Louis should be in here he's just gonna make me laugh..." I smiled at him.

"Hey! If it hurts to laugh then I'll try my best to just make you smile!" Louis grinned.

I face-palmed, as I shook my head, trying to hide the smile plastered on my face.

"Where's Harry, Zayn and Liam?" I asked, trying to ignore what Louis just said.

"They weren't as intimidating as us, so they stayed out there. Are you okay though?" Kat asked.

"Yeah... Well, no.. But... No. I will be." I declared, seeing Niall's face get sadder when I said I wasn't.

"I'll get Cynthia to call your mum, since she's out there as well." Louis said, the most serious I've ever seen him.

Suddenly, the doctor walked in.
"Okay, only one of you can be in here. You two, shouldn't even be here." The doctor pointed to Louis and Kat.

"Ugh fine. Lets leave, Kat." Louis declared and linked arms with her, attempting to drag her out.
She stayed exactly where she was.

"I'll leave. Kat can stay." Niall declared this time.

"Thanks Niall." Kat apologized to Louis as well.

"Hazel, on behalf of One Direction, we hope you feel better soon." Louis smiled and kissed me and Kat's cheek, and left the room.

"Thanks Niall." I said to him, who had stayed where he was.

"For what?" He smiled.

"For staying with me when I needed you." I said in a duh tone.

"Don't worry about it. I wanted to stay. I'll see you later.." He kissed me and Kat on the cheek as well, and left.

"I'm glad you're okay..." Kat smiled and sat down on the chair that Niall had been on.

"Me too..." I lied, as the last memory of my dad flashed through my mind...

Authors Note:

Yay! Finally finished!
It's not as long as the one that got deleted, but I guess it's good enough right?

Anyways! Please Vote/Comment/Share... And Read! Haha! I hope to like it...
I don't... Bye!

~Hamashma ✌