Chapter 50: Cheating?

Updated 22/11/14: Sometimes I look at my old writing and cringe :/ it's so horrible.

Hazel Starr

Why does life have to be so hard, yet simple?

You're born, you live, you die. It's simple, but with all these complicated things in between. For me, it's more like a complicated relationship. Well, not anymore. No relationship for me.

"Hazel, do you want to talk to him today?" Cynthia asked, gesturing the phone towards me, but I shook my head.

"Sorry, Niall. Not today. I know it's nearly been two months, but she'll gather up the courage to talk to you again soon," She was pulling faces at me while talking to him. She's always trying to get me to at least ask him how he's doing, but I always refuse. She ends up telling me what he's up to anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

"Really? You're going to carry on doing this?" Kat walked into my room as Cynthia stepped out.

"He broke up with me. End of story." I sighed, thinking about that stupid car ride. And the stupid costumes. I still have mine, locked away in my closet.

"More like the story of your life," she huffed, adding parts of their new song.

"Do not mention that again, please." I begged.

"C'mon, just listen to the bloody song, Or even watch the video. It's awesome." I have also refused to listen or watch the video for the song, like she said. Why? I don't want to. I mean, just seeing or hearing Niall would just... Hurt.

Especially if he has two solos up his sleeve.

"No. I would love to, but only for the other four boys. Too bad that it's not going to happen." I shrugged, just like I've been shrugging off Niall. That's all I need; to get over him. That's all I want.

"Why do you hate him?" she asked seriously.

"What?"

"Why do you hate Niall?" She repeated.

"How could you think that?" I asked.

"It just seems that way. And what about the other four boys? They miss you, and you're not even bothering to talk to them either. They ask about you all the time, but you never ask about them back. They're just really worried about you, but you don't seem to give a damn," Kat explained, shaking her head.

I looked down at my hands resting on my lap. Do I really do that? All of that? I thought that I was just ignoring him, but I never realized that I was doing it to all of them. She's right. I haven't even spoken to them since they left. No contact. I've just completely blanked them out, especially when Kat's talking about them. I bet they hate me, while Niall's having the time of his life without me. Do they all hate me? Why am I always assuming the worst? Maybe because that's the truth.

"You're right," I finally answered, after facing the shame, "they did nothing wrong. Maybe I should speak to them. But you are incorrect about something, Kat," I sighed, "I don't hate Niall. You can't just assume that. I'm just... Shutting him out for a while, until I get over him."

"And when is that going to happen, Hazel?" she asked.

"Well, he seemed to get over it quickly."

"You actually think he's over you? He's heartbroken. He told me he wanted to stay friends, but when you told him to leave our house that night, that's when he knew everything changed. He thought you hated him when you took off his necklace. If you had been on YouTube lately, you would see videos of him breaking-down in tears on stage. I know he broke up with you, but he didn't want to leave things as they were. He misses you, Hazel," Kat explained.