Chapter 19

Nicki

"Baby girl?" I heard someone come into my room.

"What?" I covered my face with my pillow.

"You've been sulking ever since you got back and I'm done acting like I care that you and that nigga got problems. Get up" I said honestly.

"I'm tired Khalil. Every time I call him he seems too busy to even have a proper conversation with me" I cried.

"Come here" he pulled me into a tight hug and let me cry in his arms.

"I just feel so used. Like he used me while I was there and now that I'm gone he moved on and doesn't care about me at all."

A couple days later •

"Miss Daniels!" I smiled running to give Khalil's mother a hug

"Hey baby. It's nice to have you back"

"I missed you" I pouted, she giggled waving me off. "Missed your loud,big butt self too"

I stepped back and looked around. "Is Khalil here?"

"Actually he just went to the store he'll be back soon though. You wanna help me with this cooking until he gets here?"

"Yeah I jus-"

"Mama they didn't have the kind you like so I got this instead!" Khalil shouted handing her the bag completely ignoring my presence.

"Hey!" His mom snapped reaching up and slapping the back of his head lightly. "You don't see Nicki standing right there?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"I saw her" He stated still refusing to look my way. I rolled my eyes at him being so childish, he loved playing games with me like we were still kids. "Bye Miss Daniels" I said going over and kissing her cheek.

"Khalil come on!"

"Why? Where we going?"

"We're going to Jody's house. Hurry up say bye to your mama."

•