Chapter 3: Scared and Lost

I finish crying on my mom's shoulders, and go upstairs. Not worrying about how I looked or how I smelt, I turned on music, making sure it wasn't too loud. Especially sense it's only like... six in the morning. Once I turned my radio on I went down the hallway and into the bathroom. I slip my hospital gown off, along with those stupid gray socks they gave me.

I smile once I faced the shower. It's like I haven't seen it in years. I turn the faucet on the hottest point and hop in.

The warmness sent goosebumps everywhere, but also made my body relax a lot more. I sigh in satisfaction. But the questions still roar through my head.

He was going to kill me... So why didn't he? Maybe he's gonna find out where I live and kill me here? Oh FUCK, what if he's going to kill me AND my family?! If it comes to that, what am I going to do?

What am I going to do? I mean, I was almost murdered just now. Maybe he just didn't want to kill anymore.

Sure. Totally. He just suddenly was gonna stop killing? YEAH RIGHT!

I am going nuts. I can't stop thinking about it. I probably shouldn't be thinking about this. All that matters right now is that I'm alive. Cause' that's all that matters.... Right?

Maybe he's lonely.

My mind went blank. All that I heard was that single word. That single fucking word. Lonely.

I was lonely before. And honestly, I didn't like it as much as others do. There was no one to cry on when you were hurt or have been shoved down. There was nobody there but you. You couldn't even speak to somebody about anything. It sucked. That was when I was diagnosed with bipolar and Oppositional Defiant Disorder, also known as O.D.D. I wasn't too excited about taking my medicine. Or even being me for that matter.

I would take my meds for a while, then stop. But after a while, I understood what taking my meds would do. And then I noticed people were interacting with me more. Which got me pumped up and ready for anything.

But one thing I really hated was talking to a counselor and doctor about everything. When I was in 7th grade, I got in a fight with my doctor and she ended up calling the cops on me. Because I tried to leave during an appointment.

I hated everything about her, I just hated her in general.

But I had too learn to cope with her. And not flip out and murder her. And that's really hard.

I finish washing my hair, and went on with putting conditioner in my long brown hair. "What to do. What to do."

I heard yelling downstairs, but it's probably just my brother arguing with mom again. That's what I thought until I heard a loud crash coming from the kitchen.

I jump and shut the water off. I wait until I heard a loud scream.

I hurried to wrap myself in a towel and ran out, I don't care who or what will see me like this. But I gotta say, if it were somebody I knew from school... I would be in deep shit.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" My mom screams, only to make me freeze.

"Why should I? I really want to see how his blood will decorate this beautiful floor of yours." A deep and menacing voice giggles evilly.

I know that voice. That voice. No. No, no, no, no, no!

"Mom!" I heard Dylan squeak out.

"Shh... Just go to sleep." My hearts racing as I run as fast as my legs will take me.

"STOP!" I yell running into the kitchen.

What are you doing Jennifer?

Doing what's best for my family.