Chapter 14: Secrets

Oh no. I'm kissing him.

His arms wrapped around me gently, pulling me closer. I closed my eyes. I held him close.

And I questioned myself.

What the hell am I doing? Why am I kissing a guy that murdered my life?

Then  a sudden thought scared me.

Do I love Jeff?

Jeff parted from me, and his eyes looked deep down into my own. "Why'd you do that?"

Immediately I blushed. "I-I'm sorry! I mean- I just- Well I...." I stammered on.

"Jenny." I looked down.

"I made a mistake, didn't I?" I answered.

There was a long pause.

"I'm sorry. I'll keep my distance from now on."

"Jenny-"

"Please don't yell at me."

"Jenny it's-"

"Or hit me. I'm fragile."

Jenny-"

"Or feed me to E.J."

"Jenny!" My eyes looked up at his eyes.

"You didn't make a mistake. But you didn't do the right thing either." He spoke softly, as if I were a frightened animal.

My eyes teared up, "Then what did I do?"

His eyes shined, but went dull again.

"I don't know."

My heart is racing out of my chest. That's when I realized my answer.

"Jeff?"

"Yeah?"

I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him close. Then I whispered, "I think I'm in love with you."

He tensed.

My arms didn't let go though. I want to hold on to him. I want to be near him. If only I could tell him the mysterious feeling I'm feeling right now. But how would I?

Oh, Jeffy, you make me feel amazing when I'm around you. Please turn me on some more!

Okay, I just made myself uncomfortable. I just had to go and think that. That's me for you.

My vision started to blur.

"I'll kill you. I'll kill your sorry ass." I coughed up more blood.

"Ha. Go ahead  JenJen. Try to. I mean, you're totally not bleeding out everywhere." The girl spoke.

I clenched my jaw. Lifting myself steadily, trying my best not to notice my pain, I stumbled towards her. Only to be kicked from behind. I fell on the concrete, scrapping my chin in the process. She laughed, and so did the person that pulled the trigger into my back.

"Don't bother getting up." The other woman commented.

"I don't have to listen to you, now do I?" I glared as they looked down at me with twisted smiles.

"Don't humor me." The blonde one spat.

"You're lucky I'm even talking to a tuna fish like yourself." I smiled as she stomped her foot on the ground.

The other woman smiled and pointed a small handgun at me. My smile grew.

"Whatcha gonna do to lil' ol' me? Shoot me? Knock yourself out batman."