Chapter 33: Pain

J E F F ' S P . O . V

"What's up with you, Man? She's gone. She ain't gonna come back, so stop acting like you actually care about the damn situation." I spit towards E.J. with an angered expression, even though my own words hurt me.

He didn't even bother to look up at me. His mask was off, and he hasn't brushed his hair in god knows how long. Not like himself. No one is like themselves anymore.

Especially me.

A knock on his door broke the silence between us. I stood up straight, making some of E.J.'s paper fall to the floor. We stay there for a moment, waiting for someone to make a move.

"Jack, open the door before I kick it down in frustration-" I open the door to reveal her beautiful body. Her look is filled with surprise as she mutters my name.

I drops to my knees with her still in my arms. "Jennifer. Jennifer, is it really you?" For the first time, I feel as if I could drop dead at any moment.

"It's me. It's me Jeff." Her arms move to the front of her body as she tries to push me away, but that only makes grip tighten. She stops moving when I bring my lips to her ear, leaving a gentle kiss on her hot skin.

"I missed you. I missed you so damn much." I whisper to her. I can't help it but to let my face bury itself into her hair.

I feel her nod faintly, "I know Jeff."

But then I feel a pain in my back. "I know."

I know exactly what she's doing. That's exactly why I'm not doing anything about it. I sit there and wince as she slowly pierces through my back, E.J. begins to move towards me, which -for some reason- pisses me off.

 "D-Don't come near me, Jack." I cough up some weird mucus, tainted with my blood. My heart hurts when I think of her, but to touch her like this once again-I would give anything for this. I can feel her begin to tremble and sniffle as she pulls the sharp object out of my flesh, only letting it stitch itself together again.

"Why would you just... let me?" She sobs on my shoulder, shaking and sniffling then and again. I put my hand on the back of her head as I look her in the eyes. The way they sparkle-it just makes me go crazy.

"I'd let you do anything to me, Jenny. Because... I really do love you."

She gripped at my hoodie, "No you don't!" Her voice shook me to the bones. What does she mean by that? I don't understand.

"Of course I do!"

"You're wrong!"

"YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS WRONG!" I shout with my eyes closed tight. Her grip loosens on me, which scares me, so I hold on tighter. "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU THINK THAT I DON'T? I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU... FOR FUCKING YEARS! YOU KNOW HOW THAT FEELS, JENNIFER? DO YOU HONESTLY KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE WHO MAY OR MAY NEVER COME BACK TO YOU-"

"YES, I DO JEFF! WHEN I WAS WITH BLAECHLEA! ALL I WANTED WAS YOU... I DIDN'T KNOW IF I WAS GOING TO SEE YOU AGAIN." She throws herself at me, making me fall on my back with her lean on my chest. Her sobs are breaking me, but then something comes to me.

"You felt lonely, didn't you?"

She stops crying and looks at me with the look that's always made me want to run towards her. "W-What?"

"You told me that when you ripped your wings off. When I wanted you back, you asked me that single question." My arms slither around her, pulling her to me, "You felt lonely, didn't you?"

She sniffles and finally, I hear the one thing that's always braught me to my knees. She laughs.

"Jeff... I love you. I really do. I'm so sorry I didn't-"

Red. All I see is red.

Look at that, it's blood.

Blood? That's blood? From who?

She is going to die. All because of him.

What? I don't understand.

BLOOD! BLOOD. BLOOD.

THERE'S SO MUCH PRECIOUS BLOOD! IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL.

HE KILLED HER.

My eyes snap to Jenny's limp figure. Her eyes are open. "J-Jenny?"

Then I see Slender. His tentical is lodged in her back. My body begins to shake, I flip us over as I look to see if she's okay. "Jenny? JENNY? JENNIFER! ANSWER ME DAMMIT!"

"She will not wake." Slender's voice echoes through my head. I shake my head violently. "No, No, NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!" I shout as loud as I could. "NO, DON'T DIE. NO. FINSIH WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO TELL ME. TELL ME. PLEASE, JUST SAY ANYTHING! SAY SOMETHING-ANYTHING."

"This is what traitors deserve. You will not step foot in my mansion with the title of traitor!" He shouts. I look at him, my gaze is making me feel different. "Y-You... killed her?"

He snaps his head to me. "I don't want to hear it Jeffery-"

"I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

"Stop it..." I hear a voice whimper. I look down at Jennifer. Her eyes are wide as she looks at me with her beautiful gaze. "Listen to me Jeff. I refused to die. Ever sense I met you, I had promised myself that I would never die. I REFUSE TO LET MYSELF DIE HERE!"

Slender looks at her. "You're able to live even though a member of the Slender Family had killed you-"

"She's not under your control like the rest of the mansion, Slenderman." We all look at a beautiful woman that stood directly behind Slender. "There for, she is immortal. Until this world ends, until her destiny decides to end her life, she will not die."

I feel Jennifer shift. "S-Sister Mei?"

She looks at Jennifer with a smile. "I see you did as you were told, Jen."

Her body begins to turn into small little glowing particles, which panicked Jenny. "Don't leave yet. Please!" Her arm reaches out to reach her. Mei only smiles.

"Little Sister Jen, I have never left in the first place. I have always been right there-by your side. I could have been a tree that you leaned on, or I could have been that one flower that you picked." She smiles at her before vanishing. "I will never leave you, Jen."

We all sit there. Silently as she smiles and takes her Multipod out. "That's why... Everything just fell in place."

"You attempted to kill me to release Sister Mei. And you picked me to be the master of the Multipod because my sister had made it, almost like a vessel. It makes complete sense now."

"Jennifer, you are now banned from my mansion." Slender says. We both snap our gazes to Slender. "What?"

"You have befriended Nurse Ann, the second Slender Family Traitor." He bends down to meet her in the eye. "You are banned."

"Very well." She says. I about died. "What?" I shout at her as she puts her Multipod away and begins to walk away. She looks at me. "What...?"

"No, you can't just leave, come on-"

"He made the rules, and I broke one. Simple as that. I befriended Ann. And he doesn't like that. Whatever. I don't care about what he thinks. I will be friends with whoever I want. He can't control me." She smiles and finally does the one thing I've been waiting for.

She holds her hand out, waiting for me to take it, "But, you can come with me-if you'd like to live an exciting life with me. No rules and no regulations!" I wait for a moment. I can feel Slender trying to tell me no, but that gets shoved to the side as soon as my hand meets with hers. "Deal."

She laughs, "Let's get going!"

Finally. I can live the life I never thought I would be able to live. And with the one woman I love.

"Jennifer." I say as we begin to walk out the front door. She hums. I turn her around and dip her as I crash my lips onto hers. When me break, I say the words I will never regret. "I love you."

She laughs and pecks my lips, looks me deep in the eyes and says, "I love you too, Jeff."

Finally, I can be happy.