Five

A/n; I feel as if the chapters are short but they take so long to type :( lemme know if you think they're too short and I don't really look over what I write so, sorry for any typos just point them out for me

Tyler's POV

After the incident last week Josh checks my wrists everyday. I don't find it annoying I kinda like it as weird as that sounds. I've never had anyone care this much about me. My feelings for him grow with everyday and sometimes it's unavoidable. Two weeks into our friendship I'm already wishing we were more then friends. Later today I'm going over his house for the first time for dinner and I'm really nervous. I'm afraid I might say something wrong like always. My pocket buzzes as I think of conversations I'd want to start with Josh's parents. Before Josh no one ever texted me unless it was someone talking to me about a party.

From; Jishiwa
Tyler u should bring ur keyboard so after dinner we can play around in my basement :P

To; Jishiwa
Okay :)

I miss his voice. Is that weird? I can't wait to be at his house and just hear everyone talking instead of my house where my father and brother are too scared they'll set me off and keep it quiet so I'm left with my thoughts.

I still have a hour so I decide to write in my music book to pass time and before I know it I have to get going. I stuff my journal in my book bag, grab my keyboard, and head to Josh's.

I feel really weird walking down the street carrying a keyboard but oh well, I'd do anything for Josh. I knock on his door a few times hoping it'd be him who opens it but his mother opens the door. Damnit. "Oh hello you must be our company for tonight, I'm Joshua's mom." She opens the door even more and her grin widens. "Nice to meet you." Josh comes downstairs as I walk in and drags me to the basement before his mom could say anything else.

He set my keyboard on an old dinner table across from his drum set. The walls are covered in band posters and I'm really glad I met someone so into music like me.

As we eat dinner his parents make basic small talk with me like my hobbies and my family etc. When no one was talking to me, Josh and I made faces at each other. He continuously kicked my leg under the table making both of us smile.

After everyone finished their meals, Josh grabbed my arm and took me downstairs yet again. "Sing me something I can come up with a beat for." he exclaimed. I flip through my journal looking for a song that is easy to drum to so I open the page with Kitchen Sink.

I take a deep breath since it's the first time I'm singing in front of anyone but I know it'll be easy cause it's Josh and I'm more comfortable around him then anyone else. I start playing the notes and adjust myself in my seat ready to begin.

Josh's POV

I feel bad for being so forceful to Tyler about singing but he hasn't done it in front of me ever and I'm so excited to hear what he's written. He starts to play a complex tune on his keyboard. Not knowing if I should wait or not I just sit waiting for him to sing.

" Nobody thinks what I think
Nobody dreams when they blink
Think things on the brink of blasphemy I'm my own shrink
Think things are after me I'm my catastrophe
I'm a kitchen sink
You don't know what that means
Because a kitchen sink to you
Is not a kitchen sink to me Okay, friend"

I'm dumbfounded by his gorgeous voice and i feel like I've waited too long to drum anything so I just do something basic without being too loud so I can still hear him and it sounds kinda good. Different but good.

~

He stops suddenly making me quit drumming. "I'm not done writing it so that's all I have but that was nice." He looked up from the piano at me shyly. "That was awesome but with my drums you need to be louder. In fact I think you can do like screamo." I reply grinning. He widens his eyes, "I don't think I can.." he replies sheepishly making me laugh.

With lots of convincing I got him to do it and proved me correct. We rip a piece of paper out of his journal and add more to the song and clarify what I play and when I come in and what not. It isn't until my sister comes down stairs to tell us to shut up for us to realize it's late. I guess Tyler and I were having so much fun we lost track of time.

Tyler's POV

"Well I should get going it's almost midnight." I say not wanting to be a burden. "What's the point? You live down the street anyways it's not like you live on the other side of town. Spend the night Ty Guy." He smiles at the nickname and gets up from his drum set. "Uh I guess I will then." I reply. "Sick."

We went upstairs and messed around on our phones a bit before we both changed into t-shirts and boxers. For one, Josh was really hot in his superman boxers but I was hesitant to have a short sleeve t-shirt on because of all my scars but he noticed my worries and told me not to be like that around him. Josh is the best guy I've ever met and he's just so accepting. I head to the bathroom with my phone and text my brother.

To; Zach

Tell dad I took a pill over my friends house so he doesn't give me a lecture when I get back

Truth is I didn't but it's not like they make the voices go away.

From; Zach

He's just concerned

I don't bother replying to his text.

I go back to Josh's room seeing he's standing by the bed waiting for me. He goes behind me, closes the door, and gracefully walks back in front of me. "I didn't think either of us would like to sleep on the floor so I uh figured we could both sleep on here." He points to his queen sized bed. I gulp at the reality of sleeping with Josh. I simply nod because I'm scared my voice will crack if I say anything. "Cool, I call the wall." He grins. I bet he can tell I'm nervous.

He turned off his light and now we lay in comfortable silence. I wait a few minutes and I lay on my side before I get the balls to tell him goodnight. "Josh." No reply. There is no way he fell asleep in under ten minutes. "Josh?"

Instead of the reply I was hoping for Josh throws his arm on me in his sleep. Oh my god.

Sorry for fixing all these chapters, it would have really bothered me if I didn't