25 - Escape Through the Crack

I'm sitting on our balcony while the sun sets, it's so nice out here ^_^

Dean looked around. He seemed to be in his normal vessel, the one created for him. But that could only mean he was back at the bunker?

Nope. Guess again.

"Gabriel?" Dean said, seeing the hunter lying motionless on the cold floor a few feet away. "Gabriel wake up."

No reply.

"Oh he's not going to be up for a while," Cain said from behind Dean. "Hit him harder since he's human." Cain was back in his other vessel too, a man with long grey hair and a beard.

"We're..." Dean said. "We're in the cage." He looked around again. It was a cage made of dark grey rock, the entire thing suspended in mid air over a never ending void. It was small too, no way to hide from Cain.

"Yes brother," Cain said. "No thanks to you."

"We succeeded," Dean whispered, collapsing to the ground. The last memories of what had happened came back to him. He'd decided to save the world, to save Cas...he'd bonded himself to Cas, properly.

"I guess you could call it that," Cain said, shrugging. "But now..." He glanced over at Gabriel. "I have a way to hurt both Sam and Castiel."

"What?" Dean said.

"I hurt Gabriel. Gabriel in turn causes pain to Sam through the bond. Same goes for you and Castiel."

"I won't let you," Dean growled.

"Good luck with that," Cain said, smirking. Dean moved instantly between him and Gabriel, knowing that this would be a long eternity.

~~

"Castiel."

There was a smashing sound.

"Castiel please stop destroying the bunker."

Another smash.

Sam sighed. "Cas this isn't getting us anywhere."

"I don't care," Cas said, throwing a table because why not. Sam winced as it hit a wall. "I lost Gabriel, I lost Dean."

"So did I," Sam said wearily. "I loved them too Cas."

"Yeah, and you've gone into a state of depression."

Sam just looked down. It was true, with the pain he was feeling in his chest it was impossible for him to do anything, he couldn't even be mad. He just felt lost, empty. The familiarity of Gabriel's mind always on the edge of his was gone, the cage destroying any communication between them.

"We'll find a way," Sam said. "I promised Gabe. I promised I'd save him."

"Yet he's still in the cage."

"Cas come on—"

"They're gone Sam, it's not like we can just get them out of there."

"We may be able to."

Cas went silent, the anger fading from his face. "How?"

"I think I can use the bond to get Gabe out. There has to be a way...but I'm not sure about Dean."

"Am I bonded to Dean?"

"What?"

"He did something right before he jumped in," Cas said, rolling up his sleeve to reveal a hand print marked into his shoulder. "Are we bonded?"

"Yes," Sam said, his eyes wide. "You are. Which means..."

"We can get them both out."

"Yes," Sam said, springing up. "It'll be hard and is a very risky process, but we can get them out."