Ch. 14

"Mommy?" Caden whispered jumping on my bed.
"Hey buddy. How's my big boy this morning?"
"Good". His giggling when I tickled him woke up Tobin. She groaned and hugged me around my waist, and I kissed her forehead.
"Morning Toby."
"Morning CP. Hey Cadey."
"Hi mama." He said crawling on top of Tobin's back. I watched as she rolled onto her back and pulled Caden in for a hug.
"I love you buddy." I heard her whisper.
"Love you too mama." Caden said as he flopped over in between us. It was Saturday morning, and I could lay like this forever. Unfortunately, Caden could not.
"Mama. I'm hungry."
"You are?"
"Mmhmm"
"Well, I wonder what we can do about that." Tobin smirked looking up at me.
"What are you looking at me for?"
"Can we go out, CP?"
"Yeah Mommy. Please?" Caden copied Tobin.
"If you guys want." I sighed. Damn they got me hitched.
"Yay!" They both exclaimed as they high fived. "But. Tobin you're in charge of getting this one ready."
"Fine." Tobin fake pouted throwing Caden over her shoulder. I got up out of bed, and threw on some dark jeans and a white long sleeve v-neck, with my white converse and pulled my hair up in a ponytail. I decided to make sure the two troublemakers weren't making a mess, so I peeked in the doorway. What I saw, melted my heart. Tobin had Caden standing on the bureau, and she had dressed him in jeans and a graphic t-shirt, with a blue and white checkered button up, but left it unbuttoned. But, I saw Caden eyeing the aviators on Tobin's head.
"Mama?"
"Yes buddy?"
"Can I wear my glasses like you?"
"Yeah where are they?"
Caden just shrugged.
"They're in his bin on the side of his bed."
"Oh hey CP. How long have you been there?"
"Long enough." I whispered as I kissed her on the cheek before moving to get Caden's sunglasses. "Go get ready babe." I said in her ear, my chin resting on her shoulder. She turned and pressed her forehead to mine before planting a gentle kiss on my cheek.
"You got it from here?"
"Yup." I responded as I sat Caden on top of the bureau. I grabbed the comb and gel and began to spike his hair to the side.
"Mama?"
"Yeah buddy?"
"Is it weird that I have two moms?"
I have to admit I was a little taken aback by the question. "N-no. Well, I mean most of the time there is a mommy and a daddy. You're right, but that doesn't mean that it's weird to have two moms, it's just different."
"But sometimes being different is weird, right?"
"Not all the time." I explained trying to think of an example. After a few seconds it came to me. "What color hair do you have?"
"Blond"
"What color hair do I have?"
"Black"
"Am I weird because I have black hair and you have blond hair?" I asked. He shook his head no. "See, sometimes different is a good thing."
"Okay mommy." He seemed satisfied with that.
"Why did you ask that buddy?"
"Well, a kid named Evan in school said it was weird that i had two mommies."
"What did you say?"
"I said that my mommies love me."
"What did he say?"
"Well, he said, 'who's gonna teach you how to play sports?' And I said 'my mommies.' Then he said 'mommies don't play sports.' And I said 'my mommies do.' Then it was time for snack so I went and sat with Logan and we ate fishies."
"Okay." I didn't know what else to say. I looked in the doorway and saw Tobin in her black ripped skinny jeans grey t shirt and flannel with her flip flops and aviators. I took in her physique, how the sun framed her face and glistened off her hair, how the jeans accented every muscle in her legs, how her shirt fell off her shoulders just right, and showed off the muscles in her arms. God I was so in love.
"Like what you see Press?" Tobin chuckled.
"How could I not?" I Said as I lifted Caden off the table and placed him on the floor and watched him take off towards Tobin. She caught him and pressed him over her head. He leaned down and gently kissed Tobin's nose.
"I love you buddy." Tobin told him.
"Love you too mama." Caden laughed.
"Good. Now let's go. I'm starving."
"Me too!" Caden agreed. As the two of them took off towards the car. I followed close behind and was the one to remember the keys off of the counter. I grabbed my wallet and took off towards the car where Tobin was buckling Caden in, and hopped in the drivers seat, since Tobin rarely drove since the accident. Once Tobin hopped into the passenger seat, I turned the car on and headed towards the diner down the street.
"Cadey? What are you gonna get?" I asked looking in the rear view mirror.
"Pancakes!" He said excitedly.
"What else is new?" Tobin chuckled softly. We arrived at the restaurant, and the three of us got out, Caden insisting on being carried by Tobin.
"Hi! Sit wherever you like!" The hostess called out. I pointed at the booth in the corner, and we made our way over and sat down, Caden next to me and Tobin across from me.
"Hi! Can I get you something to drink?"
"I'll take a water." I said as Caden slithered over to Tobin's side. I knew what he was up to.
"I'll have a water as well." Tobin ordered, and Caden brought his mouth to his ear, and whispered something, before Tobin nodded. Caden then told the waitress,
"Chocolate milk please!"
"Sure thing buddy. I'll be right back guys." Caden then crawled back over to me.
"Chocolate milk, huh?"
"Uh huh. Mama said so." He said triumphantly.
"Well if mama said so, I guess it's okay." I sighed. Tobin knew that I didn't let him have chocolate milk often, and she usually was the one to let him. I looked up and she was smiling at me, and despite being a little ticked at her, I couldn't help but smile back.
She mouthed to me, "I love you." And I mouthed it back with a smirk.  Our waitress reappeared and asked for our orders.
"Pancakes!" Caden exclaimed and saw Tobin eyeing him and added a "please" to the end. Tobin and I ordered, and she went to put them in. We were in a booth, so I decided to move over next to Tobin and I rested my head on her shoulder.
"Heya."
"Mm hi."
"Whatcha doin?"
"I missed you." I whined.
"Missed you too CP." Tobin said as she turned and kissed my head. The waitress came over and brought our breakfast so I moved back to my side. She put the food down, and I grabbed Caden's pancakes to cut them. Once I handed them back, I caught Tobin staring at me.
"What?"
"You're beautiful."
"You're more beautiful."
"I don't think that's true."
"Hey what bout me!" Caden asked with a mouth full of pancakes.
"Aww buddy. You're so handsome." I cooed to him. He just smiled brightly as he finished his breakfast. Once we were finished, we headed out after Tobin paid. Tobin had Caden on her shoulders, and both of them had their aviators on, Caden trying to copy his mama. Tobin lifted Caden down off her shoulders, and into his car seat, before hopping into the passenger seat. I turned on the radio and Hello was on. I eyed Tobin, and she just sighed as I belted it out.
Hello from the other side!
I must have called a thousand times!
To tell you I'm sorry, for everything that I've done, but it don't matter it clearly, doesn't tear you apart!
Hello from the outside! At least I can say that I've tried! To tell you I'm sorry, for breaking your heart but it don't matter it clearly, doesn't tear you apart, anymore.

"Good job mommy!" Caden said from the back.
"Yeah good job CP!"
"Thanks." I said sarcastically.
"No we're serious. You sounded good." Tobin said.
"Aww. Thanks Toby." I said as we pulled into the driveway. I went in the back and unbuckled Caden, and he ran into the house and to the living room I play with his blocks. I walked in with Tobin behind me, and i placed my keys on the counter, and she rested her chin on my shoulder.
"Hey Tobs?"
"Yeah?"
"I want a dog."

AN. Hey guys! I haven't published since I switched it from Presston to Preath, so here's a cute fluffy chapter for you. Next couple will be wedding planning, a quick skim over the Olympics, then the wedding. All within like 5/6 chapters hopefully! Hope you enjoyed and please leave feedback!