ch. 41

Tobin had spent those past six months training and getting herself back into soccer shape, with the Thorns and on her own. Now, she was sitting on the couch next to EK when her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Tobin it's Jill."

"Oh hey Jill!"

This caught Christen's attention and she stopped gathering the stuff for dinner, and looked across the counter at Tobin.

"Thank you that means a lot... Yeah absolutely... Right right... Yeah see you then! Thanks so much! Okay bye."

Christen looked up at Tobin. "What did she say?"

"I'm going to camp again!"

"You are? Tobin that's amazing!"

"I'm so excited!"

"When is it?"

"Two weeks."

"Tobs. I'm so proud of you!" Christen exclaimed and placed a kiss on her lips.

"I can't believe this is happening." Tobin breathed out in shock. By then, the kids had all gathered in the living room.

"What just happened?" Caden asked.

"Do you remember when we first became your parents how Mama and I were on a team with Aunt Julie, Aunt Alex, Aunt Ali," Christen asked.

Caden nodded.

"Ypu know how Mama and I stopped playing for that team?"

He nodded again, while the twins were pretty confused, considering they were born after Tobin and Christen retired.

"Well Mama has been working very hard, and coach Jill, remember her?"

"Yep."

"Well coach Jill wants Mama to try and play for the team again!"

"Really?"

"Yes really! So to celebrate, I am taking Mama out on a date."

"You are?" The kids and Tobin asked at once in shock.

"Yes. Why is that a surprise?"

"Because Mama always takes you on dates!" EK blurted out.

"Well Emmy Lou," Christen said as she picked up her daughter, "sometimes it's good to switch things up."

Emmy just giggled as Christen poked her stomach.

"Who do you want to babysit you guys tonight?" Tobin asked her kids.

"Aunt Harry!" The kids had been accustomed to referring to Allie Long as 'Aunt Harry', so as to avoid any confusion between Ali Krieger, who they call 'Aunt Ali'.

Tobin took the general consensus to the phone where she called Allie.

"Hey Allie. I know this is last minute, but would you be able to watch the kids tonight by chance? Really? Great thanks!" Tobin said and hung up the phone. "Al is gonna be here in a half hour."

"Great!" Christen said. "EK do you want to help me pick out something to wear?"

"Can I?"

"Of course. Come on!"

"Boys, you're with me." Tobin said and enlisted her two boys to help her pick out something to wear. "We just have to wait until Mom is done." About twenty minutes later, Christen came out of their room dressed in a grey dress that cut off just above her knees, a maroon jacket over it, and tan wedges.