Ch. 31

It was at 4 am that Tobin and I woke up for whatever reason, so we both went back to sleep once Tobin took some medicine. I awoke again at 8 am, and Tobin wasn't in the bed. I swung my feet over the side, and headed into the main part of the house in search of Tobin. I found her by the counter in the kitchen. Her back turned to me, dressed in baggy sweats and a sweatshirt, and the sun beams framing her physique perfectly. I walked over to her, and wrapped my arms around her waist, and leaned my head into the crook of her neck.

"You should be in bed beautiful." I whispered.

"My throat hurt so bad. I needed tea. I'll go back now." She said, her voice stuffed and husky. It was kinda hot.

"I'll carry you babe." I whispered.

"You don't have to." She replied.

"Yeah, but I want to." She placed her tea on the counter, and I picked up my midfielder. She linked her legs around my waist, and I supported her weight by resting her thighs atop my forearms. She wrapped her arms around my neck, and I carried her gently back to bed. Once she was laid down, I kissed her forehead.

"I'll bring your tea back, but you should try and get some more sleep." I whispered.

"I know. I'll try."

I headed out and brought her back her tea, but when I got back she was out like a light. I just left the tea on the nightstand for her.

This was gonna be an interesting day. Grayson had to stay home since he was still recovering from his chemo yesterday, and Tobin was sick. This is great. Of course it was a Saturday, so they didn't have school. I was trying to figure out what to do, so I sat on the big chair in the living room. Soon thereafter, the twins came out, and climbed on top of me.

"Hey kiddos. What's up?"

"Nothing." Emersyn sang.

"How are you feeling Gray?"

"Good mommy."

"That's good. Are you guys hungry?"

"Yeah!"

"You are? What do you want to eat?"

"Eggies!"

"Grayson you too?"

"Yeah!"

"Okay why don't you guys watch TV
while I make breakfast okay?"

"Okay." They sang happily.

I headed into the kitchen and whipped up a pair of eggs, and brought them back to the kids.
"Here guys." I said as I handed them their breakfast. A few minutes later, Caden strolled out of his room.
"Hey mommy."

"Hey Cade. What's up?"

"Nothing. Where's mama?"

"Mama doesn't feel too well so she's
still in bed."

"Oh okay."

I made Caden his breakfast, and set him up in front of the tv along with the other two. Realizing I still had to figure out what to do with the other kids, I began to think. I had asked Julie and Marissa for a lot lately, so I wasn't going to ask them. I guess I could ask Alyssa, because she hadn't headed back to Connecticut yet for the offseason. I called Alyssa, and she said she was happy to watch them.

Twenty minutes later, Lys showed up to take Caden and Emersyn out.

"Hey thanks for doing this, Lys."