Ch. 19

Today was the day. The day that will change our lives forever. I woke up around seven to get Caden to daycare, but left Christen to sleep. I walked into his room.
"Caden. It's time to wake up buddy."
"Why do I gotta go to school mama? You don't have soccer today."
"Mommy has a doctor's appointment buddy."
"Mama? Will you pick me up after the doctors?"
"Yeah we will buddy. Maybe we'll go to the park or something but you gotta get out of bed."
"Okay mama. I don't wanna dress nice though."
"Okay buddy but you gotta get outta bed and I'll let you wear play clothes." At that, he hopped out of bed, and went to put on sweatpants and a tshirt. I brought him into the kitchen and gave him some breakfast, and before we knew it, I had to get Caden in the car. When we got there, I brought him inside and kissed him goodbye before heading back to the apartment.

I got home, and went to wake up Christen. I walked over to her side of the bed, and rubbed her back.
"Chrissy? It's time to wake up baby."
"Toby?"
"It's me baby."
"Where's Caden?"
"At daycare."
"Oh okay, why didn't you wake me up?"
"I handled it babe. Don't worry." I smirked. "Now get up and ready, we have to leave in a half hour. "
"Okay. Let me get showered. I'll be down in ten." She said as she rolled out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I headed to the living room to wait for her.

Twenty minutes later she came downstairs with her wet hair down her back, Nike shorts and one of my UNC crew neck sweatshirts.
"Nice sweatshirt" I smirked.
"Aww thanks." She replied sarcastically with a giggle.
"You ready?" I asked.
"As I'll ever be."
"Great. Let's go." I said as I made my way over to her, planting a kiss on her forehead. She walked out behind me, and I hopped in the drivers seat and made our way to the hospital.

"Christen Press?" The nurse called out.
"Right here." She responded as we both stood up. She turned to me.
"I love you Tobin." She whispered as she kissed me and I kissed back. When we pulled away, I responded with
"I love you CP. I'll see you soon."
(Quick note... I don't feel like doing research on this so sorry if the time frame is inaccurate).

I watched as Christen walked into the room, and I sat down and pulled out my phone. About an hour later, Christen still wasn't out, and I was getting restless. I was fidgeting in my seat, and getting worried. I didn't know how long it was supposed to take. Before I could worry myself sick, i saw Christen motion for me with the best poker face possible. I walked over to her and she led me into the room where she and the doctor were.
"Do you want to tell, Ms. Press?" The doctor asked to which Christen nodded.
"Tobin. I-I'm so upset..." She tailed off and my face fell. "Because we have to wait nine months to meet our baby!" I whipped my head back at her, and she had the most evil smirk on her face.
"Tobin it worked. We're gonna have a baby." She choked and tears brimmed both of our eyes. I threw my arms around her, and kissed her so hard. We were gonna have a baby and I was ecstatic.
"Christen. We're gonna have a baby." I whispered.
"We're gonna have a baby!" She said.

We left the office 20 minutes later, and went to pick up Caden.
"Tobin, we should wait until we're sure nothing is wrong before we talk anyone."
"Yeah you're right. How long should we wait? A month?"
"Yeah around then. After my follow up."
"Okay" I agreed as we pulled into the day care parking lot.
"Are we getting him early?"
"Yeah I promised we would grab him after the appointment."
"Oh okay. I'll go in." Christen said as she got out of the car.

Christen's POV

I can't believe I'm pregnant. And I can't tell anybody. This is gonna be harder than I thought. I walked in and saw Caden's teacher.
"Hi! I'm here to pick up Caden."
"Oh hi Christen! Caden was all excited that you were gonna pick him up early. Caden!" She called.
I scanned the room and Caden looked up from his spot with Logan in the corner. He and Logan came over.
"Mommy!" He squealed as he crashed into my legs.
"Hi Cadey! Hi Logan! How are you?"
"Hi Mrs. Press. I'm good!"
"That's good buddy. Maybe you can come over for a play date on Saturday. I'll talk to your mom, okay?"
"Okay! Bye Caden!"
"Bye Logan!"

Logan turned back to play, and I walked out with Caden to the car.
"Hey Cadester! How was school?" Tobin asked.
"Good."
"How about we go get some lunch and then go to the park?"
"Yay!"
"I'll take that as a yes." She laughed. God that laugh. We arrived at the pizza shop and got some pizza for lunch, then headed to the park.
"Mama can we play soccer?"
"Yeah we have a ball in the car."
"Yay! Come on mommy!" He called to Christen.
"Coming buddy."
"Chris! Here" I called and tossed her the soccer ball. "Careful." I warned her.
"I know Tobs." She responded. I locked the car and made it over to where they had found a place on the grass to play.
"Mama!" Caden called. "Do the tricks!" He pleaded.
"Okay. Pass me the ball." I told him. "Good pass!" I praised. I got the ball and began to do different juggling techniques, a couple around the worlds, and a rainbow.
"Catch Chris!" I called as I popped it over to her. She caught it on her chest and dropped it to her foot and she did some tricks for Caden who was watching in awe. A small crowd had began to form, so I had an idea.
"Ready. One trick then pass it to the other. Whoever drops it loses."
"You're on."

The game went on for about 6 minutes and for around 30 or so passes. Chris ended up not being able to catch it, and it fell. I put my arms up in triumph, and ran over to her.
"I win!" I said as I tapped her nose and walked over to where Caden was.
"Cadey boy! Was that cool?"
"Yeah! You and mommy kept it in the air! Can you teach me?"
"When you're older." I responded.
"Okay mama. Can we go home?"
"Yeah sure buddy."

We walked out of the park and Caden was holding both of our hands. Once we arrived at the car and started driving, Caden was out like a light in a matter of minutes. It was around 4 when we got home, so Caden woke up an hour later because he was hungry. Once he ate, we watched the same 3 episodes of Paw Patrol, Jake and The Neverland Pirates, and Peppa Pig that we watch every time. I absentmindedly caught myself singing the theme song to Paw Patrol, and when I became aware of it, I looked over at Chris and found her singing too. We made eye contact and started laughing hard. By the time the third episode ended, Caden was asleep in Christen's lap, so she carried him to bed. Lobo trailed at her heels to take his post at the foot of Caden's bed.

Christen and I only stayed up a few more hours before she crashed on me. The steady rise and fall of her body, and her warm breath on my neck let me know she drifted off. Luckily she's a heavy sleeper, so I picked her up and carried her to bed. I laid her down and pulled the covers up over her.
"Goodnight CP. I love you." I whispered and kissed her forehead. I crawled into my spot next to her and she subconsciously moved closer. In reaction, I wrapped my arms around her waist and she nuzzled her head into my neck. I finally allowed my body to fall victim to the sleep that had taken hold of it, and crashed with my pregnant wife beside me.

An: Hey! How's everything? Can you guys please leave feedback on what you thought/think of the book? I really wanna write what you guys wanna read, so if you want me to do something different I will... Thanks in advance!