Ch. 39

Knock knock

"Caden will you get the door please?" Tobin called to her eldest.

"Yep!"

Caden got up off of the couch and went to answer the door. He was totally surprised at who was standing there.

"Aunt Lauren!"

"Caden!"

Caden launched himself into her arms. "I missed you Aunt Laur."

"I missed you too little man." She said as she hugged him tight.

"Where's Uncle Jrue?"

"Right here!" Jrue said and popped up behind Lauren. Caden gaped at what he was carrying. He had two carriers with him.

"Who are they, Aunt Laur?"

"I guess you're the first to find out, but Jrue and I adopted them a few days before Christmas."

"What are their names?"

"Eliza Amy and Palmer Randall." Lauren said, and pointed at who was who.

Tobin realized that Caden was taking awhile at the door, so she decided to go check on him.

"Caden what's going on. Why are you taking so- Lauren!" Tobin got really excited when she realized why he was taking so long. "What are you doing here?"

"Well we figured we'd come spend New Years with our favorite family." Jrue stepped into view and smiled at Tobin. "I hope that's alright." Tobin furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"You guys are always welcome here! You know that!"

"We know Tobs. And you guys are always welcome at our house."

"As it should be." Tobin teased. "But, er, who are they?"

"We adopted these two a few days before Christmas." Lauren explained. "Say hello to Eliza Amy and Palmer Randall."

"Wow guys! That's awesome, congratulations!"

"Thank you!"

"Now you can come in further than the doorway, you know. Get them out of the cold. Why don't you come in and say hello to the twins and Chris. They'll be so surprised."

Tobin stepped aside to let Lauren and Jrue in.

"Jrue, why don't you bring the kids into the kitchen so they can be surprised."

Jrue obeyed his wife, and brought the kids, two months apart in age, into the kitchen. Palmer was the older of the two, being six months old, while Eliza was just four months. Lauren went into the living room where Chris and the twins were.

"It's been awhile, huh?"

"Aunt Laur!" The twins jumped up and ran to her.

"Hey guys! I've missed you!"

"Where's Uncle Jrue?" Grayson questioned.