Chapter 09

"Hyejin-ssi, your mom.........she passed away,"

"Hyejin-ssi, I'm so sorry......your mom got involved in a car crash.....and she didn't make it in time.....to the hospital....."

"It's all my fault. If I hadn't invited your mom to come....with me, this wouldn't have happened."

"I'm so sorry, hyejin. It should be me, not your mom."

When I heard all those words, time seemed to have stopped. Nothing. Those words had kept repeating itself in my mind as I stared into an invisible space in front of me. This couldn't be happening, right? This is just a bad dream I'm dreaming about. It's not true. Different emotions filled me once as memories of my mom flashed through my head.  No, this is just a nightmare and I should wake up.

"Hyejin-ssi, are you okay?" a deep but kind and calming voice asked. Then, I looked up at where the voice came from, snapping out of my own world to see my uncle looking at me with a worried face.

I didn't say anything. I looked away, avoiding his gaze. The only thing I want is to be alone. Completely Alone......

__________________

Taehyung's POV

It was already morning, and I'm still at work. Yesterday was the last day of my day off but I got a call from work that there's an urgent matter. An emergency. So, I needed to go back to work even if it's still my day off.

I haven't gone home yet. My work took longer than I thought. I had to sleep in my office at the company so that I can continue with my work the next day early. Most of my co-workers didn't go home, too.

I was on my laptop when I heard a knock from the door. I took my eyes off the screen and looked up.

"Yes? Come in," I said. Then, the vice president entered. I looked back at the laptop, continuing with my work.

"Mr. President, we need to go to a business trip again."

"Wae? Where?" I asked, not taking my eyes off from the screen.

"To Japan, Mr. Kim."

"Why? That's....um...too far."

"But, it's only for a day and then we can all go home. The flight is already booked and we can take our leave after the next three hours."

"Okay, I'll go back to my house to get a few clothes and talk to my wife about me leaving for a day then I'll come back here."

The vice president nodded and took his leave. After he left, I sank in my chair even deeper and gave out a heavy sigh. My whole body is aching a lot.

_________________

*at home*

Where did they go? Both hyejin and taeho weren't home and there is totally no sign of life in the whole house except for me. I had already checked every room and corner of the whole house but found no one. It was quiet and no sound could be heard in the whole household, only the clock ticking as any second passes.

Just where did they go? She should have texted me. Then, I tried calling hyejin in her phone. I waited for a while but then a sound of a ringtone was heard in the living room. I went there and found hyejin's phone on the couch.

"Aish! Why did she leave her phone?" I mumbled to myself, a bit annoyed as I picked hyejin's phone up and ended my call then putted my phone back to my pocket.

My suitcase was already packed up with my clothes. Then, I decided to leave a note for Hyejin in the kitchen to tell her that I won't be home for a day and that I have a business trip in Japan.

I took one last glance at the house before I entered my car and putting my suitcase in. Then, I went in and drove back to the company and later I will be in Japan.

___________________

Back to Hyejin's POV

I stared through a glass. And inside the glass, was a jar that contained my mom's ashes, flowers and some pictures of her and me. Unblinking, I just stared into the transparent glass without no tears blocking my eyes.

Suddenly, I hand landed onto my shoulder softly and I looked behind to see my Aunt looking at me with tearful eyes. Behind her was her husband, my uncle holding taeho in his arms while taeho was wide awake playing with a toy in his mouth, biting it.

"I'm sorry hyejin. It's all my fault." My aunt cried looking down, ashamed.

"No.....it's not your fault. I guess it was already mom's time to go to heaven."

My aunt looked back at me with her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

That's when I realized, tears had started to flow down from my eyes. I quickly wiped my tears off but more tears fell down my cheeks. I couldn't help it but cry.

"It's no ones fault......." I whispered breaking down to tears. Suddenly, Mrs. Park, my aunt putted one of her hand behind my head then slowly pulled my head down to her shoulder as I cried more and more louder.

I cried and no one or nothing can make me stop even my aunt and uncle in front of me. All they could do is watch me cry my heart out sadly.

As I cry, the time felt to pass by quickly as more memories of the times with my mom flashed through my mind one by one. My happiest and saddest times, she was always there. Even though she used to be always at work and hadn't had the time to spend time with me, after telling her my feelings, she tried to understand and tried her best to be always there when I needed her.

And she also promised, that she will be there beside me when I walk into the aisle, in my wedding, the real one. But she's gone now. How can that happen. She needs to keep her promise. It's not fair.

"Eomma......." I cried and cried until no more tears came out.

"Shhhh......." My aunt, Mrs Park tried to calm me down even if she too, is crying. I wrapped my arms around her as she hugged me back warmly.

My mom, no one can replace her. She'll always be in my heart remaining there always. I closed my eyes to see a quick flash of a memory of my mom when I was a kid, smiling at me warmly with her hands waving hello or is it goodbye?

After seeing that vision, I dropped on the ground crying loudly. No..... It's not goodbye yet. I couldn't accept it even if I try to. Mrs. Park sat down too and hugged me more tightly in her arms as I cried to her chest making her clothes wet. Hearing my cries, Taeho started to cry too. And it made me more sadder.

I knew I looked miserable even if I don't look at myself in the mirror. Well, my mom did this. But I don't want to blame her because it's not even her fault. Maybe, it's really the time God needs to take her away from me. I'll always love her beacuse after all, she gave birth to me. If she's not here, then I shouldn't be here crying my heart out at it's content.

Then, I pulled my head away from my aunt's chest and looked up to my uncle with swollen red eyes.

"Taehyung, just where is taehyung?......I need him........"
______________________

I just love BTS new hairstyles. So cute!!!!!
And back to the story.
I wanted to try taehyung's Pov even just once so I did. And Do you guys want to add a POint of View for Taehyung in this book or no? Or do you want it to be all hyejin's Pov and no one else?
Just asking. So that I'll know what to do. Thank you!