Chapter 34:

Hyejin's POV

The darkness encircled the surroundings while I stood still there in the middle, clueless of where I am.

Suddenly, a bright flash of light shimmered in front. It was so bright that I had to cover my naked eyes, fearing that it would blind me any second.

After a few more moments passed and the light slowly faded away, only leaving an image of my forgotten memory.

"Hyejin!" a woman's kind voice called out.

Carefully raising my eyelids up, a woman in casual clothes waved her hand at a little girl. That little girl was me.

"Hyejin!" the woman called again.

I watched quietly as my foot suddenly started walking on it's own slowly, towards the memory's image.

The little girl immediately ran towads the woman with a big smile plastered on her bright face.

"Eomma!" she called, stopping me from my tracks.

Mom.

As soon as the girl reached her mom, she quickly planted her hugs and kisses on the cheeks.

"Let's go home?" she asks, while holding the girl's hand.

Little Hyejin nodded her head enthusiastically and they strolled down in the streets with the cloudless blue sky up high and the sun that blazed down on the earth, lighting the whole planet.

They walked further and further until they faded in the horizon unable for me to reach them.

Without me knowing, a single tear rolled down my cheeks and I immediately wiped it off.

I stayed on my feet until the image suddenly changed as if it was a television that suddenly changed channels.

Once again, a little girl and her nother appeared in the image. The mother and daughter was the same as earlier. It was me and my mom.

I looked a little older than the previous memory. This time, the little me held a little bird in her hands while crying.

"It's gonna die, eomma!" she cried while tugging her mom's shirt with her one free hand. "We need to save it!"

"Hyejin...we can't." she whispered, staring at the dying bird in the little girl's hands.

"...why can't we?" she asked through hiccups.

Kneeling on the ground to match the girl's height, the mother carressed her back and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Even if we do save the bird, hyejin, it will still die in a matter of time." mother explained, softly. "Hyejin, every living thing always dies in it's own time. Even you and I will die if God is ready to take us away."

With that sentence, a bright flash of light gleamed in the memory's image and it changed once again.

This time, my mother or I, wasn't there. It was a man carrying a baby boy who looked like a newborn, in his big arms. The background seems to be a room. A room from a hospital.

I already recognized the man as soon as I saw him form his usual rectangle smile. It was Taehyung.

"Hello, Taeho!" Taehyung beamed in excitement as he played with the baby's small little hands. "It's your daddy, Taehyung!"

I smiled at his little act of cuteness. So that's Taeho. His son. And my son...

Another tear rolled down from my glossy eyes and I let it fall to the ground.

Suddenly, a bright flash shone again and I covered my eyes, from the blinding light.

As soon as the light slowly faded away a bit, I brought my hand down to my sides and saw a woman all in white standing in front of me.

I wasn't sure if this was a memory or not. It seems realistic.

I couldn't see the woman's face clearly. Only her lips and nose. Her hair covered her eyes which prevented me from seeeing her full visible feature.

"W-who are you?" I stammered, nervously.

No answer came out from her mouth. But then, she eventually parted her lips apart as if to speak.

"Hyejin..." she called my name.

Her voice was familiar and I recognized it right away from the previous memories.

It was my mom.

"Eomma!" I cried in tears of joy.

I was about to run towards her but as if a great forced pulled me away and made me stay at the same spot.

My mom smiled. Her usual caring smile that I've always missed since she died.

"Things are really complicated, isn't it?" she asked. "I'm glad you're safe, Hyejin."

"Eomma..."

"Didn't I said, all living thing dies?" she stated, strands of her hair flowing behind her.

I nodded, tears sprawling down my cheeks. "B-but...you're here."

"Hyejin, this is only a dream." she told me, a pitiful smile forming in her lips.

"B-but..."

"Hyejin, you have to be strong." she smiles and she slowly walked towards me. "For the sake of your family. You have to remember....for your son, for Taehyung, for your friends, everyone....and especially, for you."

With that, her foot landed one metre away from me and she slowly dispersed into glitering white dusts, from her toe up to her head. Until she completely vanished from my sight.

-----

"...jin...Hyejin!" Taehyung's voice called and I slowly opened my eyes.

My sight of him was blurry. It took me a few moment before I finally adjusted my sight to clearly see his face, staring down at me.

I looked at my hand and he was gripping it tightly. I felt hot and I could feel sweats rolling down my face.

"Nightmare?" Taehyung asks, raising an eyebrow.

"N-not exactly..." I replied.

He then, helped me sit up from my bed and I looked around. No one was in the room except the two of us.

I focused my eyes on Taehyung's eyes which tensed him up and made him look back at me in the eye.

"What is it?" he asks, his grip on my hand tightening. "Something wrong?"

I took a big gulp and held his big hands back.

"Taehyung...I remember."