Chapter 16

"Where is it!?" I kneeled down the floor to take a look under the table. "I was just wearing it earlier!"

My eyes started to get teary as I panicked much more. Then all of a sudden, I heard someone enter the room. I turned around to see taehyung looking at me with a blank face. Quickly, I wiped my tears away.

"Found it yet?" He asked, walking over to the bed. "It's been an hour. You should sleep. It's already late."

I shook my head and looked down to the ground.

"Why don't you just look for it tomorrow," he started to say. "I mean it's not like it's the end of the world. There's still time to find it for tomorrow."

"But I need to find it," a tear rolled down from my eyes as I tried to hide my face away so taehyung won't see. Then, taehyung went to our bed and sat on it.

I heard him sigh. "You know it's okay," he said. "And I know you didn't mean to lose it."

I looked up with teary eyes. "Are you sure?" I asked, doubting.

He nodded with a slight grin. I sighed. Then, I finally gave up.

"Fine...." I said with a soft voice.

Taehyung looked at me with a raised eyebrow as if he's expecting me to come join him to sleep already. But I didn't. All I did was stay still at where I was standing up while I looked down to the ground, deciding what I should do.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asked. "Sleep already."

"Actually, I'll just sleep later." I replied, raising my chin up. "Um-I'm just going downstairs to calm down for a bit. You can just sleep first since you have work early tomorrow."

He didn't said anything so he just nodded slightly. A weak smile came across my face as I gave out a sigh then left the room while taehyung just watched me quietly. I walked on the stairs slowly making faint noises of footsteps.

When I got to the living room, I quickly slumped myself to the couch. Then, I looked up the ceiling, staring at the pure white scenery. My head is so full and I couldn't think straight.

The ring. I can't find it anywhere. What should I do? I bet, taehyung's angry. But he's just not showing it. And when he saw my hands and realized that my ring wasn't there, I thought he would misunderstand. But all he did was stare at me and he didn't say anything. Just quiet. That's when I realized that he wanted me to give me time to explain. And so I did.

Aaaaargh! So much pressure. Calm down.

I took a deep, deep breath as I closed my eyes then re-opened it again. Then, I didn't know what to do next. I just stared into the ceiling not knowing what will happen. So the next thing I knew, I already fell asleep.

________________________

__~~<Next Morning>~~__

"Hyejin," A familiar voice called out. "Wake up! It's morning."

Slowly, my eyes went half open. I looked around then tried to adjust my eyes so that I could see everything clearly. That was when I realized that I was inside my room. Then, I looked up expecting to see the ceiling but instead saw the face of my husband, taehyung.

I got really surprise that I suddenly sat up which made me and taehyung's forehead hit each other.

"Ouch!" We both wailed in pain as we both rubbed our foreheads.

"What are you doing?!" I said in a loud voice. "That scared me!"

He stood straight, finally finishing rubbing his forehead. "You wouldn't wake up." he replied, bluntly.