Chapter 40: END

WARNING: smuts ahead.

---

That night was something I never expected to happen. Well maybe, I expected it to happen, a bit.

The lights were turned off and the moonlight was the only source for us to barely see each other. Pleased moans escaped my mouth as his hands travelled around my body.

Tears of joy rolled down my cheeks as I dug my nails in his back, piercing it through his bare skin. Our desires grew as we explored each other more and more, pleasure consuming us whole.

As if being hypnotized, I did the same to him as he did the same to me. His moans ringing my ears like bells in a quiet winter night. Our mouth pressed against to each other, his gentleness assuring me that I'm safe in his arms.

"I love you." I whispered in his ear as I gasped for more air.

"I love you too."

That night, we made a new kind of love, completely unfamiliar from before.

---

*5 years later*

My eyelids slowly raised, the light blinding my eyes first. The peaceful sound of the morning whistled in my ear, the chirps of the bird, rush of the wind and the leaves that swayed from the trees filled my eardrums.

The cold touch of the white sheets beneath me and over me, cooled down my bare skin as the fresh air entered the room through the windows. I shifted my head to the side, expecting to see another person lying down beside me. But unfortunately, no one was there.

A heavy sigh escaped my mouth as I removed the white quilt off of me, swinging my legs out of the bed as I then, headed to the door with my whole face swollen. My quiet footsteps could be herd faintly as I walked down the stairs. Strangely, there was not even one single noise that came from the whole house except my footsteps and breathing.

I slightly tilted my head to the side as I bit my lower lip. No one. Not a single person was there. Well, that's strange cause it's weekend.

I sauntered around, checking every room there is, but still, I found no one. Shrugging my shoulders, I headed to the kitchen for breakfast. Taking a big bite off of a toast that I found, I mixed my coffee with a spoon, smelling the bitter taste of it.

Plopping down on a seat, I grabbed my phone and started tapping on it, dialling my husband'a number. The phone rang for a few times but he didn't answer. I tried dialling him again and just as the 4th ring sounded, he finally answered.

"Good morning, my queen." His deep sweet voice greeted me.

"Where are you and the kids?" I questioned him with a stern tone. "Why didn't you wake me up, you fool."

"Well, you looked like you were in a very deep sleep so I didn't bother waking you up." He explained and my eye twitched in annoyance. "And don't worry, we'll be back soon. The kids and I just took a walk."

I sighed, "Fine," I huffed, leaning my back against the back rest of the chair. "Take your time then. Walking can be a good exercise."

"Alright then," he responded from the other line. "I'm hanging up. I'll see you later, wifey."

"And stop calling me such cheesy names, please?" I pleaded without a slight effort.