Chapter 23

Stupid. That word repeated itself in my head for the millionth time. Stupid Hyejin.

One thing to know about me, I have poor acting skills. Being an actress is not my style. Can't even imagine myself acting on the stage or in a drama. Cause for me to be an actress, first, I need to finish an ultra hard acting classes.

So, why? Why did I still try to act if I knew that I lack acting skills in the first place? Now, I looked to obvious and awkward that just 5 minutes ago, Taehyung was staring at me dumbfounded, probably thinking that I might have accidentally got my head hit by a ball or something.

"What are you doing?" He had asked as we both sat on the same couch, in different sides though. And that was a mistake.

As for me, I sat on the very edge in the left of the couch while Taehyung settled down on the opposite side to the right.

Crouching myself in a ball, I had noticed Taehyung pat his hand beside him, signalling me to sit there. And so, hesitantly, I still did.

Awkward atmosphere filled the air as we both sat quietly in the chair, waiting for the other to start a conversation. Taehyung's arms was around my neck, pulling me closer to him, while I swallowed hardly, a bit uneasy at the position.

"Why do you keep moving?" his annoyed voice suddenly broke the silence which had made me twitch.

It was true.  I was fidgeting too much.

Thinking of a persuasive excuse, sweats developed in my forehead. Finally having an idea struck my head, I hurriedly rose up from the couch looking rather too anxious.

Clenching my fists into a form of a stone, hiding it behind me, I forced an awkward smile at him.

"I stink," I reasoned out, my cheeks turning rosy pink. "I need to bath first. I didn't shower yesterday and it's freakin' summer. I'm sweaty all over so I need to take a bath."

Staring at me with his blank face, he calmly nodded his head.

Sighing, I made my way back upstairs. Placing my phone down the desk and grabbing a towel, I immediately went in the bathroom to take a shower.

Now, I'm currently still showering. Footsteps could be heard from the other side of the bathroom door, which I assumed that it was Taehyung.

And what I didn't know was that just for the 10 minutes that I was in the washroom, Taehyung would discover the reason why I acted uneasy in front if him.
________

Taehyung's POV

Making my way to the master bedroom, the sounds of water falling down could be heard from inside te locked bathroom.

Looking around, my eyes wandered around the room. Taeho' crib was in the corner and he's probably sleeping. But then, my eyes was caught by Hyejin's phone because of the sudden ring of it. The screen glowed bright as a message was sent.

Walking towards the desk where the phone laid, I picked it up and unlocked it. Revealing the message, I started reading through it.

The sender's name appeared on the top of the screen: ShinHye.

ShinHye? The name was quite familiar but couldn't make out whose name was it. The memory was blurry.

It took me a minute before I finally remembered. It was a classmate from high school. Hyejin's friend.

Reading through the sent message, it said: 'Yah! Hyejin, are you okay?'

Confused, I scrolled it up to read the very first message.