Epilogue:

EPILOGUE

Kim TaeHo was dreading this day.

The day when he visits his family for the first time in months since he moved out of their home.

He's not dreading this day because he hated his family. He loves them. It's solely because he's scared.

He's afraid to get hurt, that's why.

Kim Taeho involuntarily dragged himself out of bed and got dressed in casual clothes. Usually, he doesn't eat breakfast but today ─ in order to be late ─ he did. Taeho wanted to do things slowly and occupy himself this the morning so he wouldn't have to be too early to visit his family.

It's not like he had no choice, but his dad had pleaded him to visit even for just a day and his younger siblings had constantly begged and cried for his company again. So he agreed.

Taeho scanned his empty apartment, looking for any more work to do. But nothing called for tidying or finishing. He'd already organized his stuff, washed the dishes, and cleaned the floor.

Sighing, he grabbed his jacket and headed out. Entering his car parked outside the building he dwelled in, he drove back to his house.

It didn't take long till he arrived. He got out of the car and stared up at the huge residence in front of where he stood. Hesitantly, he proceeded inside the house.

"Taegeuk? Taekwon?" he called out once he stepped a foot inside.

Soon enough, a pair of two young teens came racing down the long stairs of the house, heading towards Taeho.

"Oppa!" the female twin, called Taegeuk, squealed at the same time as her twin brother, Taekwon, hollered "Hyung!"

"You're here!" both twins stated as they embraced their older brother.

Taeho ruffled his younger siblings head and hugged them back. "What's up, brats?" he chuckled.

"We missed you." both replied, still hugging the older.

Kim Taegeuk and Kim Taekwon are faternal twins with Taegeuk being older by twelve minutes. Both are in their last years of middle school.

Snickering, Taeho peered around the household and spotted his father gently smiling at them, siblings.

"Appa." Taeho pulled away from the twins and watched his father, Kim Taehyung, approach them.

"Taeho-ah." Taehyung beamed as he pulled his son into an embrace and patted his back. "Welcome back."

"Hm." Taeho hummed and pulled away.

Taehyung gazed at his oldest child. How tall had he grown, even taller than him now. He used to be so little and fragile.

"So how have you been?" Taehyung asked.

But instead of answering, Taeho simply gave him a smile, which soon enough faded into an anxious look.

"W-Where's mom?"

Lee Hyejin ─ his mother ─ was that particular person he was scared to see.

Taeho's dad turned his back on him, "Come." he said, walking away.

But firstly, Taeho glanced back at his younger siblings who gave him a reassuring smile before he trailed after his father.

Taehyung led Taeho up the stairs and through a long hallway. They stopped at a door, similar to the rest in the hall, and stopped.

"She's in there." Taehyung informed him. Giving one last pat in the back, Taehyung left his son alone and headed back down to the main floor.

As for Taeho, he kept still in front of the white door, staring at it with such intensity. He felt his heart race as he landed his hand around the door knob and twisted it around. He gently thrusted the door open and instantly caught the sight of a woman.