Chapter 37:

[I am so sorry that I updated late again. I had to redo this chapter a couple of times before finishing it.]

---

That one second passed and at that very short time, the tragic memory of the accident quickly flashed in my mind leaving me to slightly tremble in fear. Flashbacks has been coming through my mind almost everyday causing me quick headaches and I hated it...

The fact that I lost a child still haunted me for weeks. It was a child whose face I've never seen, whose touch I never felt and whose cries I never heard. It pained me harshly in the heart, almost used to the hurt.

Used of of the misery when losing someone you loved dear. Just like my mom, grandma, my dad and that unkown child I spoke of.

A day has passed since I got discharged from the hospital. And I'm glad since it stinks in there and all I did was eat, sleep, sit and stare.

It's still hard and wobbly to walk since the leg that got shot is still healing so I had to use a crutch. My leg feels stiff and hard so I have to limp with the crutch to get moving.

Rubbing both sides of my temples and blinking twice, slowly, the headache faded until the pain turned back to normal. Straightening my back, I ran my hands on my left leg, pressing my thumb from up to down with a few inches away.

"You okay?" a voice came from behind. "Need help?"

"No...it's fine." I muttered, realizing who the familiar voice was. "I just feel tired."

Walking around the couch, he sat down beside me making tge cushion bounce lightly. As if my legs had eyes, I cpuld suddenly feel his stares at my leg, creating an awakward and intense athmosphere in the air.

"Quit staring at my leg." I snapped, rolling my eyes. ""Are you jealous? Do you want an injured leg too? Wanna swap?"

Faintly chuckling at my lame joke by myself, I inhaled in air and turned to face him. Biting my lower lip, I let out a sigh before forcing a weak smile on my face.

"Can you stop worrying about me?" I raised an eyebrow while shrugging my shoulders. "It's not like I'm a kid. For your information, I'm not your daughter, I'm your wife, Taehyung."

With no response coming out from his mouth, I averted my gaze away from him once again and closed my eyes for a moment. Snickering without a glitter of humour, an itching sensation and fluids forming tickled my eyes.

"Do you pity me, Taehyung?" I blirted the words out amd I felt him flinch in surprise.

Raising my head, looking at the ceiling, I waited for his answer to come out.

"Give me a honest answer, please." I pleaded, feeling myself almost tearing up as different mixed emotions started bottling up inside me again.

"Hyejin..." he spoke, shuffling to face me.

"Actually, you don't have to answer my question." I shook my head, getting a hint of his answer, afraid at how much of a disappointment I would feel upon hearing his honest answer.

"You should rest." he stood up from the couch and extended his right hand towards me.

I stared back and forth at his hand and him, unblinking. The ends of my lips curved more until it eventually faded slowly.

"Okay." I grabbbed my crutch and stood by myself, ignoring his hand that offered for help.

I walked past him but before I cpuld step a foot on the stairs, a hand grabbed my arm and I was forced to turn around.