Chapter 33:

[A/N: Sorry for the late update. I was busy and I just had my birthday (not that anyone cares) a few days ago so I wasn't able to update. Sorry.]

-----

"Y-you really can't remember Taeho?" I asked once again, not believing the fact that she lost her memories of her son.

Hyejin started nodding her head slowly as she looked back at me and Taeho curiously.

"Who's he anyway?" she asked which hurt me. "Your little brother?"

"No." my eyebrows scrunched together and I clenched my fists as I carefully tightened my grasp around Taeho.

It's okay if I'm the one Hyejin forgot, but please, not Taeho. I can't bear to watch Hyejin treat or look at Taeho like he's some kind of a stranger baby.

Sighing, I gave Taeho back to Mina and sat on the stool beside Hyejin's bunk. I held her hand with bity of my eyes and stared at her dark brown orbs for a moment.

"Can you remember what happened?" I asked, anticipating for a good answer.

"Sadly, no." she replied shaking her head. "I don't remember anything that happened before I got into sleep."

"You really can't remember? " I asked for the millionth time.

She shook her head once again as an answer. I lowered my head and rubbed both of my temples in frustration.

"I-I'm sorry..." her weak flustered voice muttered and I could feel her guilt. "I'm so sorry that I can't remember Taeho. I-...I'm really trying hard to recall him but...I can't...There's no memories of him."

I lowered my hands down to my sides and sat down on the bed while I looked intently in her eyes.

"It's alright. It's no use to keep asking you questions. It can't be helped."

I regreted saying that since her face suddenly turned hurt. Probably because I'm staring at her with such a pitiful look.

Her fists clenched into a stone while she grabbed the sheets tighter in her hands.

A drop of water fell down to the blanket and I quickly grabbed Hyejin's hands.

"I'm sorry..." I apologized, my grip tightening. "I didn't mean to say it that way."

Suddenly, she hesitantly moved her hands away from my grasp and clenched her fists tightly.

"Uh...no, it's okay." she stuttered, shifting uncomfortably. "You're right, though. It can't be helped."

She sighed and my heart tightened. Hyejin looked up into my eyes and pursed her lips together.

"Don't worry," she stated, reassuringly. "I'm really trying hard. Just please, give me enough time to remember the memories that I've forgotten about."

"Arasso." I stood up from the bunk and patted Hyejin on the shoulder twice. "You should get some rest then."

"Okay..." Her voice trailed off when she her face suddenly changed.

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned.

"Wait, I just remembered. If you guys are here, then why is my mom, not here? Where is she?"