17: It Was Nothing

ROBIN:

"It was just really awkward," I whined clicking my camera lens and focusing it, "I don't even know why we got drunk in the first place!"
"It's a classic Joe Sugg move," Connor replied, opening up my tripod and slotting in the legs," he'll get a girl drunk and then kiss them, if they want more he gives them more."
"Connor that's gross," I sulked.
"Well it's true!"
"But he didn't do anymore," I continued, wiping my camera in the edge of my baggy Troye Sivan Jumper. Connor eyes my outfit with a smirk. "What?" I demanded.
"Well judging by what you are wearing I can see why," he teased.
I flipped my middle finger up at him just as a young couple walked up to us, clutching gloved hands, and I quickly blushed and turned to them, ignoring Connors giggles.

Today I was doing engagement photos, and we were currently about to go onto some of the quieter streets of London where the couple first met. The sun was hidden behind clouds today, so I tried To get the colours from other things as they happy lover posed walking down the streets or kissing on the cheek. However it was difficult with Connor nattering on next to me.
"Well what did he say this morning?"
"That last night only happened because we were drunk," I rolled my eyes and lowered my voice to imitate him.
"I don't think he sounds like that."
"Shut up," I laughed, before turning to the couple and asking them to just smile and hug into the camera, and they did so, the bright colours of their coat shine against the darker background.
"So what's going to happen now?" Connor piped up, swiping my camera and peeking at the shots, smiling widely when he saw ones he liked.
"Well he didn't make it a big deal," I shrugged, zipping up my jacket as a harsh wave of cold air shot down the streets. We had had to do the shoot in the early evening so the streets wouldn't be as busy, but it was bloody cold. "It was probably nothing to him."

"But it wasn't nothing to you was it?"

By this time, the couple had gone to the sanctuary of a near by Starbucks, leaving it just Connor and me. It had suddenly gone silent in the streets, even the background screeches of traffic was silenced. I turned around back to Connor.
"What?"
"It wasn't nothing to you was it?"
I felt my cheeks start to redden, and tried to hide it. "Of course it meant nothing," I stuck my nose in the air.
"Of course it did," Connor scoffed, "trust me, you're not the first girl who has had that look."
"What look?" I scoffed.
"That look!" Connor laughed "C'mon Robin, you're not like Joe's normal bimbos. He actually likes hanging out with you."
"Yea, which is exactly why this can't be a big deal," I retorted, fiddling with my sleeve and trying not to turn a darker shade of red "because if he does this all the time, then I'm not anything special!"
"But do you want it to be anything special?"
"No!" I shrieked shrilly, upsetting a bird that was nesting on the window above me. I started to breath heavily, tapping on my camera with suppressed emotion. Connor pulled at my shoulders and made me look at him, his bright face now etched with seriousness.
"Just don't get too attached Robin. Joe is one of my best friends, but he isn't one for relationships. He's never home, and when he does he never takes life seriously. Just keep him as a friend, and only a friend."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
JOE:

"She didn't take it seriously I promise you."
"Did you make it clear to her?" Harriet asked, swinging her legs in the stool that was too high for her. Alice was opening the fridge and cracking the only bottle of beer that was left. I didn't even want to ask how these two found my apartment, just that they popped up and we're now raiding  my kitchen.
"Yes I made it clear to her," I sighed, swiping the bottle from Alice and taking a swig.
"Hey that was mine!" She protested.
"Technically, it's mine," I pointed out "And you're only 17, so it's illegal for you to drink."
"But then you thought I was hot," Alice smirked "so you wouldn't care if I got drunk."
Damn it Robin.
"She told you that huh?" I groaned.
"Of course Joseph," Harriet laughed "We are her best friends."
"Actually, I'm her best friend," Alice pointed out.
Wow, girls had the stupidest argument.

"Me and Robin are just friends!"
"You sure about that?"
"110%" I nodded my head vigorously. I couldn't understand why they were getting so worried. Last night had just been a laugh, and a mistake had happened. But when I said that to Robin this morning she hadn't been like other girls, who would of got annoyed or cried or asked loads of questions. Instead she just smiled and agreed with me.
They're just being protective, that's all, I convinced myself, and instead turned back to Alice, who was now balancing on our kitchen top trying to get a bottle of champagne from the shelf and nearly falling over. Harriet didn't seem to care, so I had to pull the ginger girl down, smiling at her pouts.
"I can't believe I've been stuck with you two,"
I teasingly groaned.
"Get use to it," Harriet, smirked, just as Alice popped the champagne with a cry of childish delight.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
ROBIN:

I decided to go back to Joe's after as he promised me to buy Nandos. I also got a text from him telling me that Alice and Caspar were doing champagne shots and begged for her to get my ass here as soon as possible. When I did arrive Alice, Harriet and Caspar were playing FIFA on the sofa, shrieking with hysteric joy, whilst Joe was holding his vlogging camera, filming it with a look of fear and happiness on his face.
"Robin, help me!" He pleaded, and I smiled as Harriet rugby tackled me to the floor, knocking my camera out of my hands. Luckily it was in its bag, so it just plopped onto the floor. I pushed my hyper friend off and went to sit next to Joe, poking him gently in the side. He turned to me, and for the first time I saw a nervous expression on his face.
"What's wrong Joe?" I asked.
He sighed and turned his camera off, before lowering his voice slightly so Caspar didn't hear.

"Look, Robin. Are you sure that last night wasn't a big deal to you?"
"Why would you ask?" I replied, trying to ignore the sudden twist of sickness and hope.
He shrugged. "I just don't want to lead you on, that's all. I see you as a close friend, but nothing more." I knew he was saying it in a kind way, so why did I feel a wash of disappointment flood my stomach?

"Joe, of course it meant nothing to me," I chocked out, pushing my feelings down. "Let's just forget about it."
He smiled his bright smile, and pulled me into a one armed hug, his hair tickling my for head. He wasn't wearing a hat, and his hair was flopping around, making him look like a floppy teddy. He looked so young and innocent I couldn't make him sad.
"Love ya lots Robin," he teased, before hopping up and grabbing his phone and pulling on his shoes. "I'm gonna grab Nandos, Caspar wanna come?"
"But-"
"Come one Caspar!"
"Fine," Caspar whined, running out of the door and after winking at me, Joe followed. The door closed and although there were two other people in the apartment, I couldn't help but feel the loneliest I had felt in a long time.

----------------------------------------------
Hello!!

Im sorry, yes I know it's been like 10 days and I'm sorry about that, I had a few reasons, some stupid and some logic, but I've uploaded now. And now because I'm on holiday hopefully I'll upload more.

However, I've just read the new Mortal Instruments book Lady Midnight and I was like sobbing and I was FANGIRLING so much because the book is beautiful and just I love Julien so much and just mskgnekvkslcnwkcoencjekcnepk. Okay I'm done now.

Thankyou so much for reading, we are so close now to 300 reads and honestly I'm over the moon. Please vote and comment and I hope you have a good Easter. 😘🔥🐳