22: The Pond and a Broken Heart

ROBIN:

The music was banging out of the speakers, vibrations from the bass drop making the floor constantly shake. People were everywhere, bodies gyrating in time to each other. I had always disliked parties, only going to take pictures or stop my friends from bugging me. I would much rather sit in my room, either smashing on my drums or watching Netflix with a jar of Nutella next to me, but hey, it's New Year's Eve, and I'm stood in the back garden of Caspar Lee's home in South Africa. So I decided to make an exception.  Wow I'm in Caspar lee's Garden. Never thought I would ever actually say that. I'm every fangirl's envy.

"ROBIN!" Joe screamed, jogging up to me, his jacket already off and his grey shirt slightly damp as some dark liquid spilling from the cup he was proudly offering me. He was already tipsy. It was adorable, but obviously I didn't tell him that. Instead, I took the drink and thanked him, before returning his big grin. He leaned in to shout in my ear "HOW DO THE PICTURES LOOK?"

His breath smelt of sweet liquor and was hot against my ear, making me squirm away slightly as it tickled my pores. I nodded and he whooped, raising his hand for a high five which I retuned, forgiving him for the slight roughness. He suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me, making me almost trip on my shoes. He dragged me to a small group of people, Alana and Oli were laughing at something and Grant, Josh and Caspar were taking selfies, pulling duck faces and raising their eyebrows, and when we arrived everyone cheered and clapped. Alana gave me a huge squeeze, nearly knocking me over as Oli joined in the hug. We drank and danced and sang, taking pictures on the little disposable camera and calling our family back at home. I was even able to call my parents, as they were in Germany and the time zone wasn't that much different. They said how much they missed me and for a second, I felt a strong wave of sadness.

I hadn't seen my parents in so long, and although they still visited and were living out their dream, it sucked not spending these important days with them. And although I was having a good time in south Africa, I also missed London, with its hustle and bustle, the opposite of quiet and beautiful Cape Town.

"You okay?"

I smiled at and nodded, and Joe relaxed. "I posted a picture of you on instagram by the way."

"Did you actually?" I laughed, opening up the app and tying in Joe's username. I clicked on the picture and burst out laughing at the picture of me, which was one from yesterdays photo shoot. I had been laughing so much that I had nearly fallen over, and my face was a mask of shock. All of the comments were of laughing emojis and #JOBIN, and they were all so sweet it banished the loneliness that I was feeling a few moments ago.

"Why did you pick this picture?" I whined.

"You looked like a drunken hobbit," he sighed matter of factly.

"Boy you did not just call me a hobbit."

"You look drunk," Joe giggled.

"Oh I look drunk?" I laughed, pushing his shoulder slightly.  He pushed me back. We started to push harder until I pushed Joe once more and because he was slightly intoxicated he slipped........and fell backwards into the pond behind him.  The party seemed to slow down. Everyone stopped dancing and stared open mouthed, eyes slightly blurry because of their drink consumption. I just stood there, unsure of what to do. No body else moved as Joe sat up, his hair soaking wet and flat across his face, his shirt sticking to his stomach and a innocent look of surprise on his face. He looked up and stared at me with my hand over my mouth, not knowing weather I was going to laugh or cry, or to be honest both. He sniffed, pushed his hair away and slowly got out of the pond, his clothes making a sucking sound as water dripped from his water logged sleeves.