Goodbyes Part 2

"Con?" He asked, sipping his coffee, wincing as the boiling hot liquid scalded the back of his throat.

"Yes?" She smiled, standing up and sitting on his lap, entwining her fingers with his.

"What's your take on long distance relationships?" He asked, his heart best increasing when she smiled at him,

She shrugged, "I suppose I could give it a go. Do something different? What do you reckon?"

He smiled, running his thumb across her cheek, "Are you saying you'll be my woman?" He laughed, kissing her neck as she tipped her head back slightly.

"I guess so," she whispered into his ear, tensing slightly as her flight was called.

"I have to go... I'll call you when I can," she smiled.

He pulled her too him, holding her tightly before kissing her lips and slipping a letter in her pocket, "Don't read it until you're on the plane."

She settled down with a gin and tonic and ran her fingertips gently over the letter. She sniffed the sleeve of his jumper she wore, her heart constricting in her chest, she was going to miss him more than she'd let herself believe.

"Connie,

I know you said no deep and meaningful, but you leaving for another country gives me an excuse.

I don't know quite what to say. I never thought you and me would become you and me. I'm going to miss everything about you. I'll miss the sex obviously, although that goes without saying. Never before have I met a woman who's passion meets mine in the bedroom. Never have I spent time with someone who makes me feel so alive.

I'll miss the way you curl into me on the sofa, and in bed, and by the fire. I'll miss seeing your freckles before you put your make up on. I'll feel weird showering alone and only having to wash myself. I'll miss the way you wrap your legs around me tightly as the water runs over us. I'll miss your smile and your laugh. I'll miss coming home from work to you. 

You promised me you'd stay safe, and I hope you keep that promise. You'll get a thrill working in that aircraft, just make sure you don't forget me.

Ring me whenever you need me. I don't care when, call me whenever you need a friend.

I miss you already.

Jacob xx"

She shook her head, cursing herself for becoming tearful. She lay her head back, thinking of how happy she was this morning waking up next to him.