Goodbyes Part 3

Jacob for his part was sitting in her office, on her chair, reading the letter she'd left in his house for him.

"Jacob,

I don't know where to start. I've spent almost every free hour I've had with you in the last month, I never thought that would happen.

I haven't been able to tell you I'll really miss you until now because I was scared I wouldn't be able to go. I'm going to miss waking up in your strong arms. I'll miss the way you kiss me. I'll miss the way you always make me feel beautiful. I'm not used to finishing a day of work and not being able to fall into your arms. But I'm excited to do this, and I'm excited to tell you everything about my new life. I will stay safe, not just for my family, but for you.

I will ring you as soon as I arrive and get myself sorted. Wait for me. Please wait for me.

Yours, Connie xx"

He exhaled and shook his head, looking up as Charlie came in. "Sorry, was just taking a quick break," he smiled, "it's strange without her here isn't it," Charlie spoke quietly, "you did the right thing letting  her go  Jacob,"

Jacob sighed, a gentle smile on his face, "Come on Charlie,  no one tells Connie Beauchamp what to do, you know that. If I wanted to keep her close to me, emotionally at least,  I had to let her go."