Chapter Nine

Chapter nine- You distract me

I ended up getting home at three in the morning to a apartment that was empty and dark. I didn't even make it to my bed, I just fell asleep listening to "I love Lucy" reruns on the couch.

When the alarm on my phone went off at seven in the morning I was about to kill Tom for making me go to that party last night. So to get him back I sent him a text that said "rise and Shine Tommy boy"

I went and got dressed sipping some coffee before I left to hear my phone buzz. I looked at it "What the hell Cassie its seven thirty in the morning?!" I laughed with satisfaction.

So the weekend went rather fast. Just people coming to pick up their pets and some boring paperwork. I was relieved when it was Monday, to be able to get back to the normal routine.

That's when some girl leaned over the counter with sunglasses on.

"How can I help you?" I asked since Betty was on her break.

"How about getting in the car?" she said.

"What the- Emma?" I asked confused.

She leaned over putting her sunglasses down so I could see her eyes. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Taking you to the set come on"

"I thought I messaged you saying I wasn't coming?" I said as she started pulling me to the door.

"I got the message...your still coming though" she said eagerly pulling me more, but I stood my ground.

"Em Tom doesn't want me there"

She burst out laughing. "Is that why you're not coming?" she said still cracking up.

"Uh yeah" I said crossing my hands over my chest.

"Please he totally wants you on the set"

"Uh no he doesn't" I said.

"Come on I'm dragging you whether you like it or not"

There was no since in fighting her "fine...Margret I am taking the day off!"

"Whatever" I hear Margret from her office around the narrow corner.

I hung up my coat and grabbed my purse and followed Emma.

"This is your car?" I asked staring at the pretty black sports car.

"Yeah hop in"

"With pleasure" I said opening the door.

"Really Tom doesn't want me there" I said as we got on the main road.

"Bloody hell Cassie are you that blind?" she said laughing.

"Uh... wait what?" I asked confused.

"Did Tom tell you why he didn't want you there?"

"well...now that I think about it...no he didn't, but what does that have to do with anything?"

"All in due time Cas all in time"

"You make no since Em what so ever"

She just smiled, as she parked in some place after driving through a dirt road, and immediately turned to me. "Look I know you really actually want to come to the set...just stick with me, I don't even have one scene with Tom today so, you probably won't even see him okay?"

I sighed a 'fine' and got out of the car following her.

She opened the big double doors that lead into this warehouse. It was dark and shadowy but my eyes soon adjusted. There were millions of bodies squirming around. Emma just took my hand and dragged me like an anchor to someone.