Chapter Fifty Six

Chapter Fifty Six- Catch Me

I awoke to someone licking me. I blinked my eyes open, and almost jumped at the big brown dog standing on top of me.

I giggled, and tried to shield my face, from his slobbery kisses. His nose sniffed around my hands, trying to move them. Then he lay down on top of me.

I gasped for air as he was crushing my lungs. "Ow Timber you're not a lap dog"

Tom chuckled from the bathroom door. I gaped at him. He only had boxers on. I had missed his perfectly toned body much more than I thought. All of the indentions in the skin showing were muscles were. His hair was sparkling with water droplet signaling that he had just taken a shower.

He walked over to me and pushed Timber off me, letting my lungs obtain some amount of breath before he sat on me.

"Ugh!" I tried pushing him off me, as he laughed "I'd rather have the dog!"

He jumped so that he was hovering over me. "Oh I think that I can match up" Then he attacked me with kisses on my neck, cheeks, nose, and ears.

I laughed. "Okay, okay! I'd rather have you... just not crushing me!"

He smiled down at me. "Get up and I'll make breakfast" Then he was gone, disappearing into the closet.

I smiled and stretched in the bed, before standing up and going into the bathroom to see if my clothes had dried yet. They had and I put them on, and then walked down stairs to the smell of something amazing.

I rounded the corner into the kitchen and quickly saw Tom standing over the stove.

"So is this how it's always going to be? You cooking?" I asked leaning on the entry way to the kitchen slightly frowning.

He looked over his shoulder smirking "We both know that you can't cook baby"

"I can cook some things!" I said appalled, standing straight; defensive.

He looked amused "Yeah like what?"

"Like...like" I looked around the kitchen trying to think "Like toast!" I said with attitude, putting my hand on my hip bone.

"It's not that hard to make toast, but I would expect even you could burn toast" He said looking back at whatever he was cooking, it smelled like eggs.

"I do not burn toast, I'll make some right now" I said stubbornly walking over to the breadbasket, un twisting the bread, letting two slices fall into my waiting hands.

He chuckled "Go right ahead princess"

"I will" I said matter-of-factly. I grabbed the two slices of bread and popped them into the toaster.

I turned around, leaned against the counter and crossed my arms waiting. I taped my foot impatiently. Tom tried to hide his smirk.

Timber whined at my feet. "Hmmm? What?" I asked him, looking down at those big brown eyes.

"He wants to go outside" Tom said brushing off his hands "I'll do it"

"Oh no no no! I'll do it, don't strain yourself" I said sarcastically, already heading for the back door.

He held his hands up in surrender chuckling "Okay" then he turned back to the food.

I opened the door and Timber went out running wildly to somewhere behind the garage. I shut the door and walked back into the kitchen humming slightly.

"Uh Cassie?" Tom said hesitantly.

"What Tommy Boy?" I asked, and then looked in the direction of the toaster, with steam coming off of it, I groaned and rushed over to it, and yes of course the toast was burnt. I held it in my hands frowning at the blackened piece of bread that was crumbling between my tight fingers.