Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty One- Paparazzi

Emma came and helped me drag Tom's limp body to the couch a few minutes after she disappeared. Her cheeks were flushed and excitement still shown in her eyes as she babbly recapped the last thirty minutes out loud to me.

I didn't say much. I was still in utter shock that any of them could be that drunk, although Dan did seem less drunk than the other two, which is really sad.

Rupert opened the door ten minutes later, his hair a mess and his eyes tired with a pinch of confusion.

"What are you doing here?" I asked running my fingers through my hair, as I covered Tom up with a blanket.

"Emma called" Rupert answered with a yawn.

I looked at Emma confused.

"I thought he should be here" Em said sticking her chin up proudly.

"So what the hell happened who's gay?" Rupert asked stepping into the living room.

"You told him they were gay?!" I shouted slapping the back of Em's head.

"Hey" she said in annoyance clutching her head in one hand and shooing mine in with the other.

"You mean they're not? And you woke me up for nothing!" Rupert said exasperated.

"No they are NOT gay...god there just drunk Emma!"

"When your drunk you show your true colors Cas" Em explained in her defense.

Rupert plopped himself down on the arm chair. "We will just have to see what happens in the morning" He said dazedly already closing his eyes.

"Well I'm going to bed" I stated heading for the stairs.

"Do you really want to do that?" Emma asked trying not to wince.

I crinkled my nose in disgust, and whined walking back into the living room. "I guess not, I don't want to take my chances"

"What do you mean?" Rupert asked opening one eye.

We explained the whole thing to Rupert in clear detail, with them walking in Dan sobbing, to Dan saying what had happened at the pub, the outburst between Rob and Dan, and them -gulp- going up stairs.

Rupert was in complete shock once we finished until he finally came around and said "They were wasted!"

"Stop crushing my dreams!!!!" Emma whined.

"Sorry I don't want my boyfriend to be gay"

She pouted arms crossed across her chest as she leaned back into the chair.

Light streaming through the blinds was the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes in the morning. I sat up in the recliner stretching my stiff neck. Wait why am I sleeping on the recliner? The horrible visions from last night replayed in my mind, I winced in utter disgust.

I looked around to see Tom still asleep on the couch, and Rupert still snoring away. I heard Emma up and about in the kitchen.

"Em?" I rasped, coughed then tried again "Em?" much clearer.

"Yeah Cassie?" She said with a yawn.

"Please tell me last night was a dream?" I asked hopeful already knowing the answer.

"Nope it wasn't a dream" she said with a sinister smile, and evil eyes.

I groaned and flung myself off the couch and started poking Rupert in the stomach.

His hand started swatting at me. He moaned and tried flipping over on his back with no avail. I started poking harder as he started squirming.

"Rupert?" I sang, while continuing to poke him.